Chapter 26: Matchmaker

Grand Princess Shou Kang's smile stiffened, blinked, she really thought she misheard things.

Gu Hui Yan still maintained a calm smile, quietly watching Grand Princess Shou Kang.

Gu Hui Yan's expression really didn't look like he's playing a joke. Princess Shou Kang slowly digest his words just now, and then reflected what Yan Wang had said.

Grand Princess Shou Kang was shocked till she choked. The maid stepped forward to attend her, but she was pushed aside by the princess: "What did you say? Are you serious?"

"Serious."

Princess Shou Kang looked calm and tranquil, as if Gu Hui Yan was talking about something as common as eating and drinking water, but her heart was full of turbulent waves, almost unable to maintain the expression on her face. If she have not confused because her old age, didn't Gu Hui Yan entrusted her to look for a husband family for Lin Wei Xi only a month ago? What happened in the middle to actually make this kind of reversal.

Grand Princess Shou Kang quickly took a sip of tea. After she calmed down a little bit, she thought about it again. She was really happy from the inside and thinking how good it was. Of course Princess Shou Kang wanted to find a good husband in the capital for Lin Wei Xi. These days she also secretly looked at several powerful family's son, but which powerful family could compare to Yan Wang?

Moreover whoever Princess Shou Kang chooses, when Lin Wei Xi married she would have to serve her parents-in-law and sister-in-law. How could Princess Shou Kang find a family that was not complicated with honest principle? In the end there was a difference between daughter-in-law and a daughter. There was a saying 'even a submissive daughter-in-law will one day become a domineering mother-in-law'. Lin Wei Xi must be careful to serve her in-law. But if it was in the Yan Wang Mansion, then these troubles would not exist. Yan Wang's parents had passed away for many years. There were three masters in the mansion. Except for Yan Wang, the other two were sons and daughters-in-law. If Lin Wei Xi married Yan Wang, she would become the elders of Shizi and Shizi Consort. In the whole mansion who would dare to show Lin Wei Xi's face?

The more Princess Shou Kang thought about it, the more she felt that this was an excellent thing. Yan Wang had clear hands and eyes, and his power overflow the sky. He was not the kind of person who would be deceived by the tricks of the back house. As long as Lin Wei Xi didn't make Yan Wang angry, she wouldn't have to suffer from hidden loss in the inner house. The Shizi was also an older adult, and Lin Wei Xi didn't even have to suffer the anger of being a stepmother, but instead has an extra filial daughter-in-law.

Grand Princess Shou Kang almost laughed out loud at the thought of this, Gao Ran schemed to grab Gao Xi's marriage, wasn't it just for the power of the Yan Wang Mansion, and she wanted to be the mistress that manage Yan Wang Mansion, but it's important to know that Yan Wang Mansion belongs to Yan Wang, not Gu Cheng Yao. Previously Yan Wangfei was hanging empty, Gao Ran, as Shizi Consort, was just right to take charge. Once the real mistress came in, what would Gao Ran count as?

Princess Shou Kang was overwhelmed with joy, she felt relieved of Lin Wei Xi's life-long event, and then she had time to think about the intention of Yan Wang's word. Women were naturally gossipy, and her highness Shou Kang as a Princess was no exception. She tentatively asked: "Yan Wang, it's not that I am pretending to be an elder and disrespectful, but it was fine a while ago, you suddenly mentioned this matter today. Is there any reason?"

Even if Grand Princess Shou Kang was beaten to death she would not believe that this explosive idea was Lin Wei Xi's own initiative. She thought it was Yan Wang who thoroughly want to take care of Lin Wei Xi. Now that Lin Wei Xi was about to get married, he was a little reluctant. Or maybe something happened in the Yan Wang Mansion that outsiders didn't know about. This catalyzed...