Chapter 65: Birthday

Lin Wei Xi had just waited in place for a while, when a young eunuch came carrying the sedan chair. After arriving at the palace's gate, Gu Hui Yan and Gu Cheng Yao were already waiting there, only Gao Ran who wanted to walk by herself, and not as fast as being lifted on a sedan chair by palace eunuch, had not arrived yet. After seeing Lin Wei Xi, Gu Hui Yan reached out and tested the temperature of her fingers. Naturally, like it was normal to ask: "Are you tired today?"

"It's okay." Lin Wei Xi said so, but in fact her face was stiff with laughter.

Gu Hui Yan also didn't want to elaborate in such a place. He tightened Lin Wei Xi's hood and said, "It's cold outside, you can wait in the carriage first."

Before Gao Ran came back, it was a bit unkind if she got into the carriage first. Lin Wei Xi looked up, Gu Hui Yan's eyes were calm and deep, Gu Cheng Yao had moved his eyes since Gu Hui Yan and Lin Wei Xi started talking, and deliberately looked to the side. Now he heard these words, also turned around and bowed his head slightly to Lin Wei Xi, saying, "What my father said is right, mother should go in first. This son and Shizi Consort dare not let mother suffer."

In this case, if Lin Wei Xi refused it wouldn't be polite. She sat in the warm and comfortable carriage, holding the small stove in her hand, and the maid gently massage her leg. After waiting for an unknown amount of time, there was a voice of greetings "Shizi Consort" from outside.

Soon, Gao Ran's voice came across the carriage: "This child greets my mother, was mother safe along the way?"

This was the absolute power of the seniority in the family. If Gao Ran leaves the palace first, she would stand in the cold wind to wait for Lin Wei Xi, but on the contrary, Lin Wei Xi did not have to wait for Gao Ran, even after Gao Ran arrived, she had to greet Lin Wei Xi first. After asking her mother-in-law's well-being then she could get into the carriage to rest and keep warm.

Hearing Gao Ran's voice was a bit hoarse, it was indeed cold today. Lin Wei Xi still hugged the stove, and lazily replied: "Naturally. Shizi Consort is tired from walking all the way, so let's get in the carriage first."

"Thank you mother."

Gao Ran drove in another carriage, and after a while the carriage started to move, the convoy of Yan Wang Mansion slowly drove towards home. It was sunset, and there are many horses and carriage at the gate of the imperial city, but no matter who, when they saw Yan Wang Mansion's carriages from far away, they quickly let the coachman turn around and give way.

Finally returned to the mansion, everyone was tired after the day. Gu Hui Yan spared Gu Cheng Yao and his wife from the morning and evening greeting, and let them went directly to their courtyard to rest.

After dinner in the evening, Lin Wei Xi took a bath and used a clean white silk to wipe her long hair. Gu Hui Yan then went to take a bath, and when he came out, he saw that Lin Wei Xi was no different from when he went in. Every time Lin Wei Xi took a bath, before and after she was very particular about bottles and jars. It took a lot of time to take care of her hair.

This was totally unreasonable in the army, but the more delicate the flower, the more time it took to attend it. Of course Lin Wei Xi was different from his subordinates in the army. Gu Hui Yan walked over and picked a strand of Lin Wei Xi's hair. He really liked the feel of it. It was black and smooth, it felt like running water in his hand. Now that it hasn't dried out yet, it's even more liquidy. Feels great.

Gu Hui Yan couldn't put it down, he suddenly understood what it means with trifling destroys the will, and he thought it must be this feeling that means reluctant to let go. He simply sat across from Lin Wei Xi and watched her pick up a piece of ointment with her nails, melt it in her hands, and applied it to her hair carefully. After this strand was rub on, then move on to another strand.