Chapter 29: Red Makeup

Duke Yingguo Madam had a conversation with Gao Ran, finally said: "It's not easy for you to come out. While there is still time, go and talk to your mother."

Gao Ran looked at Duke Yingguo Madam with a sneer in her heart, speaking as if she was sympathetic with her. In fact, Duke Yingguo Madam was just tired, that's all. Gao Ran didn't reveal anything on the surface, and quietly retreated.

When Han shi heard that her daughter came home, since earlier time she had been waiting in her small courtyard. As soon as she saw Gao Ran coming, she quickly wiped her tears and pulled Gao Ran into the room. Han shi didn't care about her daughter's situation at her in-law's house, hurriedly asked, "Your father-in-law is going to marry a new bride?"

Sure enough, this matter was already known inside and outside the capital, from the boudoir to the marketplace.

Gao Ran nodded: "Yes, it's the woman that Yan Wang brought back last time."

After hearing this, Han shi was stunned for a while, and suddenly stroked her palms, and with no head no tail said, "In this way, if she has a son, wouldn't the Shizi position of the eldest son be unstable?"

The newly-married daughter was about to welcome a new mother-in-law. The mother Han shi's first concern was not the daughter's life in her in-law's family, not the character of the new mother-in-law, but Gu Cheng Yao's position as the Shizi, in other words, Gao Ran's Shizi Consort position.

But Gao Ran didn't seem to be uncomfortable with this. She nodded deeply in agreement: "That's right, I'm also on guard. But Shizi has grown up, even if she wants to deliberately raise him bad, or make some underhanded tricks. It's too late."

"That's true." Han shi thought about this and slightly felt relieved, "Shizi is already seventeen, and he has long been sensible. He's not a half-child who would let his stepmother abuse him. But you must be careful, this woman is not much different in age from you husband and wife. Yan Wang marry again to such a young lovable wife, it unknown how much he will love in the future. When she born a son, it will be terrible. Shizi will not inherit the title for a while, at that time she will sweet talk in Yan Wang' ears. Then it's difficult to guarantee that Yan Wang will not leave the title to the younger son."

Gao Ran held Han shi's hand: "Mother, I understand. I've mentioned this to Shizi a long time ago, and I will guard against her in the future."

In fact, clansman ritual law were particularly strict about the inheritance of heirs. Now the court advocates ruling the country by virtue and ruling the countryside by filial piety. Obviously, the inheritance of the royal family must be strictly in line with "virtue." If the emperor wanted to change the crown prince position from the eldest son to the second son that he loved it would out of the question. How could the following princes and generals make the exceptions? Not to mention that Gu Cheng Yao was the eldest di son, the natural victor of ritual law, unless Gu Cheng Yao died prematurely without a son or committed the crime of murder and arson, otherwise it would be too difficult for the second son to replace him.

Unfortunately Gao Ran and Han shi regarded the clan system as nothing. They didn't believe in the clan family or the law. They were sincerely discussing how to win over men and how to win in the inner house, so that Yan Wang would pass the title to Gu Cheng Yao.

Gao Ran and Han shi discussed for a while, and Han shi patted Gao Ran's hand and said meaningfully: "These methods can only be icing on the cake. What really matters is that you give birth to a son as soon as possible. As long as you give birth to a son, your position will be stabilized, and your husband's family will look highly at you."

It was reasonable for a new bride to felt shy when she heard such words, but Gao Ran was no stranger to this, just nodding: "I understand."

Although Gao Ran was a sixteen-year-old girl, but the actual age is over thirty, how could she mind this topic.