Chapter 4: Take Away

Lin Wei Xi stared blankly. The county magistrate thought she didn't know who Yan Wang was, so he could only add: "That person is His Royal Highness Yan Wang. He entered the capital to save the country to support the new emperor. The previous emperor named him one of the three auxiliary ministers before his death. Now he just returned from calming the upheaval in Dingbian, specially come to Shunde Prefecture to send Marquis Zhongyong's bones back to his hometown."

Of course Lin Wei Xi knew who Yan Wang was. She looked at the man outside in a daze. This was the famous and powerful Yan Wang, and the father-in-law she never met in her previous life.

In the previous life, because Lin Wei Xi was going to marry Yan Wang's only son, numerous noble ladies in the capital throw her sarcastic remarks for two years. Later, she and Gu Cheng Yao broke up, and the sour words outside got better. But even so, no one could deny that Lin Wei Xi married very well in her previous life. She was the granddaughter of a Duke and the granddaughter of a Grand Princess. With such a prominent status, to marry Yan Wang's son was still marrying above.

Lin Wei Xi's grandmother was an imperial princess, and she spent most of her time in the princess mansion every year, so since Lin Wei Xi was very young, she had heard Yan Wang's accomplishment. According to reports, Yan Wang led soldiers to the battlefield at the age of fifteen. In the first year of Jianzhao, the old Yan Wang passed away, and Gu Hui Yan, who was only seventeen years old, became the new Yan Wang. In the past ten years, he had fought war on all side, and Emperor Muzong also put him in an important position. Later, the palace was in chaos, and Emperor Muzong's first secret edict was issued to Yan Wang. Yan Wang lived up to the expectations to pacify the chaos in the capital and cleaned up the dynasty situation. Later, Emperor Muzong entrusted him to assist the eight years old eldest son and now the little emperor.

Lin Wei Xi grew up listening to Yan Wang's story. She didn't know how happy when she knew she was going to marry Gu Cheng Yao. But in the end, she and Yan Wang Mansion were not fortunate. Lin Wei Xi married Gu Cheng Yao in the first month of Yuanjia's fourth year, in Yuanjia's second year, Yan Wang went out of the capital to quell Duo Huo La Ti's rebellion. Even when his son marry he didn't return. Then later she died.

Lin Wei Xi could not believe that even when she married into Yan Wang Mansion she never had a chance to meet Yan Wang, but after being reborn, she met the legendary God of War in a small village.

Lin Wei Xi's heart was very complicated. She and Gu Cheng Yao finished like that, based on Lin Wei Xi's temperament, she should hate the house and its crow, no longer have a good impression of the entire Yan Wang Mansion. But at this moment, when Lin Wei Xi saw Yan Wang the man himself, she realized that she couldn't gave birth to anger in her heart. Yan Wang just stood there, and the invisible power enveloped everyone, making people not dare to felt contempt in their heart, much less to complain.

It turned out that this was Yan Wang... The shock in Lin Wei Xi's heart was simply beyond expression. Yan Wang unexpectedly this young and his looks was extremely outstanding. It's just that in his position, no one could notice his appearance anymore. With such a high position, under this deterrence of killing, who else would dare to evaluate Yan Wang's appearance.

It might be that Lin Wei Xi had been staring for too long that Yan Wang who noticed it, slightly moved his eyebrows. Gu Hui Yan was the commander of the army and the head of the family of Yan Wang Mansion, he would never lack of sight, but there were few girls like Lin Wei Xi. He had been fighting for many years, and his murderous spirit was awe-inspiring. Even when the Empress Dowager saw him, she was a little restrained, let alone other women. When in the capital, younger women bowed their heads and held their breath when they saw him. The girls who hadn't left the budoir were so scared that they didn't even dare to lift their heads. There were few people like Lin Wei Xi who took the initiative to watch him, and could stared at him for so long. Yes, she was the only one. Moreover, the eyes of this little girl were also very interesting.