Chapter 24: Wife

It was raining during the Dragon Boat Festival. Since the rain at the Palace Banquet, the capital had been shrouded with gray downpour for several days.

"Miss Lin." The visitor ran across the courtyard quickly and put away the rain gear that she wore at the side corridor. She patted the water off her body and smiled at Lin Wei Xi, "Miss Lin, Shizi Consort has something to find you."

Wan Xing looked at the rain outside, and looked at the messenger questioningly: "It's still raining, why Shizi Consort call our miss at this time?"

"This slave also doesn't know, maybe there is something important to say to Miss Lin."

Lin Wei Xi stood up from the narrow couch when she heard this, said, "Since there is something important, let's go."

Wan Xing hurriedly went inside to get Lin Wei Xi's cloak, while she tidied Lin Wei Xi's clothes, on one side mumble to herself: "Our miss has a little bit cold when she came back from the palace, and she has to go out to blow the cold wind today, what if our miss fell miserably ill."

"Wan Xing."

Wan Yue secretly pinched Wan Xing, then hurriedly pulled her away. Lin Wei Xi indifferently glanced, tightened her cloak, and walked out.

The rain slid down from the eaves, from afar looked like continuous strip of silver strings, Lin Wei Xi walked on the side corridor. Even though the eaves above covered her from the rain, the corners of her clothes were still wet.

In the hall, Gao Ran was talking to a well-dressed old servant woman. When she saw Lin Wei Xi coming in, she waved to the inside: "Miss Lin is here, please go inside first and sit down. I still have some things to do. Miss Lin, please wait a moment."

Lin Wei Xi glanced at the woman in the hall, and went straight inside without saying anything.

Seeing Lin Wei Xi walked to the back room without saying a word, she flicked her eyes towards Lin Wei Xi's back, lowered her voice, and said to Gao Ran with a frown, "Shizi Consort, this one really! Wangye remember the old favor gives her face to some degree, yet she push the nose to the face! In front of Wangye she can speak well to make a trick, but once passed people's back, she dared to shake her face to Shizi Consort."

"Sun family mother, don't say it." Gao Ran increased her voice slightly, and said, "She is the only daughter of a hero, and her father died to save Wangye. It is inevitable that she will be a bit withdrawn. These words you can say it to me, but when you are outside, you are not allowed to mention it again."

"Shizi Consort you are too kind." Granny Sun looked at her wrists, muttered something again. Then she rubbed her hands and brought up another matter. "Shizi Consort, the errands to take care kitchen purchasing..."

Lin Wei Xi sat on the soft cushion, separated by the wooden grid, vaguely heard Gao Ran and granny Sun muttering something, soon after they talked about the kitchen purchasing matters. Even if she didn't hear the previous content clearly, Lin Wei Xi could guess that it was definitely not a good thing. Granny Sun played with her tongue to flatter for personal gain, she had already seen it before.

Speaking of business affairs, Gao Ran deliberately didn't lower her voice anymore, as Lin Wei Xi sat inside, intermittently also listened to the general idea. Granny Sun complained, how life was not easy, how exhausting work in the kitchen was, and finally pulled Shen Wangfei's name. When granny Sun's opened her mouth she really could speak, from her mouth it seems that she was a really loyal old servant, conscientious and hardworking for the mansion, but unfortunately offended the former Shizi Consort, the former Shizi Consort was eager to place her own person, right away removed granny Sun whole family from the purchasing position. Although granny Sun still stayed in the kitchen, however it was not an important job, she couldn't even attend the stove, their whole family just went through the motions.