Chapter 1: Rebirth

The wind was cold and the night was breaking dawn early in winter, the person in the low room was delirious. Lin Wei Xi was lying on the bed with her fine eyebrows frowning, at once you could see that she didn't have a peaceful sleep.

The sound of cooking gradually could be heard from the village, the farmers did not have a fortune to be idle. Even on such a cold day, many people got up to burn wood and cook. There's also noise in the brightest room in the main courtyard. It seemed that Aunt Lin had risen. Lin Wei Xi had a vague thought, but her limbs were weak and confined in a dream, unable to break free.  

In the dreamlike vermilion courtyard, there was a maid wearing double bun hairstyle and the fabric of her clothes were crisp and bright lu silk, she lowered her head as if she did not dare to face the person in front of her, her voice was as fine as a mosquito: "Shizi Consort, the front yard come over and pass the words, saying that shizi is busy today, and he was just arrive. If madam is uncomfortable, to call the imperial doctor to come and have a look."

The woman opposite seemed to have stopped for a long time, with hoarse voice before faintly sounded: "Busy? I don't know what is so important that even more important than I this dying wife."

"Madam..."

"Stop talking, I don't want to listen." The woman coughed twice. She seemed to try to suppress the cough, and refused to show weakness in front of others. The maids standing outside also knew the master's rules, held their breath and lowered their head, not looking at the other side's sickness appearance. After a while, the cough finally eased a little. The woman didn't care about moistening her throat with tea, but insisted on asking: "Who came to pass the message?"

The maid couldn't bear it: "Shizi consort..."

"Say it! "

The maid sighed and said, "It's Miss Yun Hui."

"Yun Hui..." The woman laughed lightly, unsure whether it was sarcasm or mocking herself, "It turned out to be her, can't compete, really can't compete with her. She serve shizi for many years, bestow by Shen Wangfei herself, this mutual affection for many years, do I as an outsider can match it?"

Obviously the Shizi Consort, but she said she was an outsider, if other people heard they would thought that was a joke, but in the Yan Wang Mansion the maid knew that the consort did not speak wrong.

Shizi and his consort had been married for one year, but they were even worse than strangers. The Shizi Consort was seriously ill, and these servants secretly went to the front yard and invited Shizi three or four times, but the result was chilling. The maid knew that although Shizi Consort was tough and forbid them to intercede with her problem, but she turned a blind eye to their little actions, showing that she also wanted to see him. But no, Shizi never came.

Lin Wei Xi was still lying on the simple wooden bed with her eyes closed, tears continued to flow from the corners of her eyes, making the pillow wet. Lin Wei Xi knew that she had been caught by a nightmare. Even in the dream, the memories of the past would not let her go. It took her back to the Yan Wang mansion and her failed marriage.

In fact, she was not originally called Lin Wei Xi, nor was she a girl from this small village. Her former family was very prominent. She was originally named Gao Xi, the eldest di granddaughter of Duke Yingguo Mansion. Her biological father was the only di son of the duke. Her biological mother was the only daughter of Grand Princess Shou Kang. She was born in this kind of family and she came from quite a good background.

Because of her high status, Gao Xi was very strong minded since she was a child. Later, her marriage didn't make her lose honor. Relying on the face of her grandmother, she actually married Gu Cheng Yao, the only son of Yan Wang. After the announcement of the marriage, the whole capital was shocked that Grand Princess Shou Kang was able to make Gao Xi married the only son of Yan Wang, and the face of Princess Shou Kang was very real.