Chapter 18-Making Up

It is starting to get dark outside, and Hobi and I have been lounging on the couch watching movies. The credits start rolling on the last movie, and he stands up and stretches. I stand too.

"I should get going. We have a busy couple of days." He says, and I walk him to the door.

"OK, try not to work too hard."

We reach the door, and he puts his shoes and beanie back on. He turns and pulls me in his arms, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close to him.

"Come with me."

I look at him, surprised. "What?"

"Come back to the dorm with me. I'm not ready to leave you, and I know they would be happy to see you." He says, giving me a pouty face.

I laugh lightly. "Hobi, I don't think I am ready for that yet. That seems a little fast, don't you think? Me spending the night with you? I haven't even fully bonded with everyone."

"I understand it seems fast, but it feels right to me. You can sleep in the guest bedroom. Please. Please. Please."

He punctuates each please with a kiss. The last one, he deepens the kiss as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"You guys are super busy for the next few days. You just said that a minute ago. I have a lot of work to do on the book. I don't want to be doing the walk of shame in the morning just to come back here to work." I try to reason with him.

He drops his arms and steps back, sighing, and now he won't look at me.

"Heard what you said about being too fast, but you were grinding on my lap a couple of hours ago on that couch right there." He pointed to where we were sitting. "But staying in our guest room at our house is too fast? Whatever." He says, turning to leave.

"Hobi...I..." I am shocked.

"No, Ava, I think we have said enough."

"Jung Hoseok, don't you dare walk out that door until we fix this. Haven't you ever heard the saying 'never supposed to go to bed mad'?"

He looks at me one last time and walks out, slamming the door behind him. I just stare at the closed door, dumbfounded. What the hell just happened? I go and sit down on the couch, almost in a daze. Was I wrong? I pick up my phone and go to my contacts. I tap Yoongi's picture.

"Hey, baby. Are you and Hobi having a good day?"

"We were. It was really great. We ate lunch and worked on his part. Then we kind of...made out for a while and watched a couple of movies. He just left."

"Sounds fun. Can't say that I am not jealous. Especially that make-out session."

"Yoongs, we kind of had a fight, and he stormed out."

Silence.

"What?" He asks.

I told him about the whole conversation. Both sides. I told him I didn't understand what happened and had no idea it would make him that bad.

"You two need to talk." He sighs.

"Are you listening to me? I tried. I even told him not to leave until we fixed it. He left without saying bye or anything." I start to get upset, and my voice cracks a little. "I have had enough of not getting to say goodbye for a lifetime," I mumble.

"I will talk to him and see if I can find out what is going on. Don't worry, baby. It will all be ok."

We say bye, and I head to bed. Too lazy to even change clothes. I sent Hobi a text and asked him to let me know when he gets home. I put my phone on the bed beside me, turn the TV hanging over the fireplace on, and pick something random on Netflix. I need to stay up and make sure he gets home okay.