Chapter 7-Casual Dinner

I remember reading how most people take their shoes off inside the home in Korea.

"Jin, where can I put my shoes?"

He smiles at me. "There is a rack to your left, and we keep a few pairs of slippers for guests beside the rack. Please help yourself. Here, let me take your jacket."

I take my phone out of my pocket and put it in the back pocket of my jeans. After depositing my shoes and sliding on the slippers, I take a chance to look around.

"Supper is almost ready." He turned to head back to the kitchen, and I followed him, vaguely aware that I was being trailed by Yoongi.

"Thank you again for the invitation for supper." Entering the kitchen, I see the others crowded around the island. They are all wearing nice sweaters or button-up shirts and nice jeans. I feel a little underdressed. They all greet me once they notice my presence.

"I heard you and Eun Ae went shopping today at Hongdae. I love going there." Hobi says with one of the biggest smiles spread on his face.

I am standing on the outside of the island between him and Taehyung. On the other side of the island, Jin attends to something on the stove. Yoongi is leaning back against the counter, arms crossed, facing where I am standing. Beside him, Jimin and Jungkook seem lost in a conversation, while Namjoon is sitting at the table engrossed in his phone. 

"It was amazing. I want to apologize; if I had known that I would be joining you for supper, I would have dressed a little more presentable this morning before leaving the hotel."

They all brushed off my comment telling me I look great. I look up and catch Yoongi and Jimin checking out what I have on because I know they are not actually checking me out surely. Taehyung grabs my hand and spins me towards him a little to see what I have on.

"Vans. Yoongi hyung likes that brand." Taehyung says, looking at Yoongi, who nods his head.

"I love Vans. I have a little obsession with them. I think I own 10 pairs. Plus, I cannot tell you how many T-shirts and sweatshirts I own. Oh, and bags. Yeah, maybe the right word is addiction, not obsession." I say with a little laugh.

"OK, everyone to the table. Supper is ready." Jin announces, and we gravitate to the table. I wait for everyone else to take a seat because I am unsure if people have certain seats.

"Ava here, you can come sit between me and Taehyung." Hobi states, showing me his sunshine smile again. I thank him and take a seat.

"It is nothing fancy. I made bulgogi and kimchi fried rice." Jin states, finally taking his seat. He reaches his hand towards me across the table and realizing what he wants, I hand him my plate. He puts a serving of both on my plate and hands it back.

"Everything looks great."

I wait for everyone else to be served before I start eating. Now, something you don't know about me yet is, that I don't like to eat in front of people I don't know well. I am just self-conscious because of my size. Yes, I realize I already had a meal with them but it was different. How, you ask? Well, let me tell you. When we went out to eat, several things were different.

That was the day that I lost my Bear, so that was the main thing on my mind.

I was trying not to overthink what Yoongi said and not take it personally.

They ordered so much food, and everyone was passing food around. It was a little chaotic, so no one really paid attention to what I was doing or eating.

This is a WHOLE different story. I am in their home. This is the food they made, and I know they will be paying attention to see if I like it. I mentally slap myself and tell myself to stop being a baby. I begin to eat, taking a bite of each. It is really good. I love the egg with the kimchi fried rice.