48

Alyssa

"Oh my...,"

"God," Axel said, "This is your guest house?"

"Yeah. Do you like it?"

"I think they're about to have heart attacks," Maria giggled, "Bagsy sharing a bed with no one!"

"I bagsy Alyssa,"

"I'm sharing with Axel,"

"Maria please share with me I don't wanna share with Haz,"

"Hey!"

"You're gross, you're a guy, you'll probably fart,"

"Get over it," he said, chucking his bag on one of the beds, "I'm off to get changed,"

"There's rooms you guys can change in, I just thought it would be cool to sleep in the lounge together. If you wanna move your bed later that's totally cool,"

"Okay, thank you," Axel said, "How many rooms?"

"Erm this has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, then the kitchen and the lounge,"

"Is this fridge stocked?" Maria asked.

"Yeah, my mum got that juice you like. You guys can go and change it's all upstairs,"

Axel took both our bags and we went upstairs, going into rooms beside each other. I got into joggers and my pyjama top, then put a sweatshirt on over with Axels help.

"This is bigger than our old house,"

"I know right. Are you okay now?" I asked.

"Yeah. You?"

"Yeah. I'm grateful for dad,"

"Me too. I'm just glad we both made it here,"

"Did you ever not want to be?" I asked

"I didn't know if I'd be able to sleepover or maybe have to go home," he said.

"Oh I took what you meant the wrong way,"

"What did you think I meant?"

"Like life in general. Make it to having a family and our 16th birthday,"

"I knew we both would,"

"Really?"

"As long as I'm around you're around. That's how it's always been and always will be," he said firmly, "Tonight is gonna be good,"

"Have you ever had a sleepover? I can't remember,"

"You think I would've left you sleeping alone in that house?"

"Okay, true. Think about it, people probably have no actual clue what happened. Bet they just found the court case," I said, though I was more trying to convince myself.

"Yeah, probably,"

"Alyssa! Axel! Mum wants you!"

We gathered our uniforms and took them back downstairs, finding June's mum sat on one of the chairs. She was called Ethel, and she was super nice to us in the car. Her hair was slicked back into a bun and she had a full face of makeup, and wore a long dress with a funky pattern on. Her nails were done and all sparkly, and she wore expensive jewellery, as anyone who owned this size guest house would.

"All settled?"

"Yeah,"

"Good. I don't know if June's told you it all so pardon me if so, but the fridge has snacks and drinks, and the cupboard above the sink does too so help yourself. The downstairs toilet is over there,"