37

Alyssa

"Hey, hey, heyyyyyy," June squealed, "You look so pretty today, I missed you all weekend,"

"You did?"

"Yeah, how was it?"

"Good. My auntie got engaged,"

"That's so cool,"

"Auntie?" Axel asked.

"Sierra,"

"You don't even call dad our dad half the time,"

"I like Sierra a lot, she is my auntie. It's nice to have a girl in the family,"

"I bet," Maria said, pulling my chair out for me, "I like your hair,"

"Axel did it,"

"For real?"

"I'm a hairdresser of sorts, I can cut her hair,"

"If it looks good then me next please," June said.

"Can't you afford a hairdresser?"

"Can't you?"

"Axel has always cut my hair, I have always cut his,"

"Oh that's nice, I just think it's so cool you're like twins,"

"It's cool until you think about it too much," Axel smiled, "Crap, I left my homework at home,"

"Just pull the new kid card,"

He did just that when we got ours collected, and it worked, but I handed it my sheet that dad had helped me with.
I really struggled to understand the maths today, but I wasn't sure if that was because I was stressed about my tutoring. Being viewed as stupid by someone other than myself was something that worried me a lot, so I was stressed to say the least.

Next was history, which was okay, Axel enjoyed it so he could help me out. Sometimes I woke up with an extra bad feeling about the day, and today was one of those. I wasn't feeling motivated, Axel had to do my hair because I couldn't brush it myself, and dad had to be very patient with me this morning (a quality which I was grateful he had). He laid out my uniform , and made me breakfast, and promise we could go to a restaurant after our tutoring.

At break, we filled up our bottles and had a snack, then we went to another class. I was feeling a lot worse- Ashton said I would feel better once I got here- so I went to the toilet and tried to call him. He didn't answer, so I gave up since he was working, but then he called back as I left the bathroom so I ran back in.

"Are you okay?"

"No,"

"What's up darling?"

"I feel really sick,"

"Throwing up sick, or anxious sick?"

"Which one gets me home?"

"What's making you anxious do you think pumpkin?"

"I'm not anxious,"

"Okay... well I really need you to try and stay in school. How about you and Axel find a quiet table at lunch, and just have a chat together. It's okay to do that, and it might make you feel better,"

"I feel really miserable,"

"I'm sorry darling. I think you should try and talk to Axel, he understands you well!"

"Okay,"

"I will see you after tutoring though and we can hang out all evening, can't we?"

"Yeah,"