34

Alyssa

Sierra's yes was the loudest yes I had ever heard anyone say in the history of yes-es.

It was so loud I was certain everyone on the street heard.

I wasn't too big on crowds and celebrations, especially when I felt like an outsider. I stayed for a little bit celebrating about the engagement, but then I slipped inside because people were drinking, and screaming and laughing and it was too much.

"You okay?"

Michael walked out the kitchen with bottles in his hand, blocking the hall.

"I'm fine,"

"Would you like a drink of anything?"

"I'm just going to sit down,"

"Okay. Need company?"

"No,"

"Shout me if you need me,"

I sat down on the sofa cross-legged and went on my phone, curling up in a blanket. Coming to this house made me realise our house smelt of man. This house was all floral and sweet and cute, but my home was all aftershave and incense that smelt of the woods. That was stereotypical of me to say it was manly, but that's how I felt. I wanted my bedroom to smell like this house, I liked this smell, it reminded me of Sierra. I liked Sierra, most of my life I had been surrounded by guys.

"I saw you slipped out. How are you?"

"I'm okay. Sorry I left,"

"Don't be silly! Wanna see the ring?"

Sierra sat beside me and showed me her hand, letting me touch the ring.

"It's pretty,"

"It is. I can't believe it! He did a good speech didn't he?"

"Yeah. I knew he was proposing,"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. That's why we got your dress,"

"Thank you angel, you did a good job keeping that secret,"

"Do you think he is your soulmate?"

"I guess you could say so,"

"Do you love him lots?"

"I do,"

"It was a nice speech,"

"I'm glad you made it to see it," she smiled, "You can watch the tv if you want, in my room, everyones gonna come inside,"

"You're so kind,"

"You're a sweetheart,"

"Am I allowed to pretend you're my fake auntie?"

"I would love that, you're always welcome to come and hang out. Give me your number so we can talk, you gotta tell me about your day everyday if I'm your fake auntie,"

"I kinda wanna say real auntie,"

"Then you say real auntie, that's fine by me,"

"I thought I would find you both in here!"

"Guess what we are? We're auntie and niece," Sierra said, hugging me.

"Shuffle up,"

Luke sat the other side of me and joined the hug, careful of my shoulder, then kissed the top of my head which I thought was a bit far but I supposed he was used to doing it with his own kid. I didn't hate it. I liked being loved.

"Did I do a good job?"

"Yeah,"

"Thanks for helping me out! I'm glad you made it, I know Gabi is too. Wanna hit up the buffet? Everyone else is,"

"I'm a bit nervous,"

"You can stick with us, or we will find Ashton,"

"I would like to have some alone time,"

"Come and get some food then you can sit in our room," Sierra said, "You've got us as bodyguards,"

She took my hand and pulled me off the sofa, then we went back outside and she got me a plate. Luke brought through my sandwich from inside, then they both made me fill my plate up with loads of stuff.

Axel tagged along with me upstairs, and we both took our shoes off to sit on their bed. It was huge, and comfy, and it smelt nice still up here.

"That was cute wasn't it?"

"Yeah,"

"Maybe I'll get married to one of the people swooning over me at school,"

"Maybe," I laughed, "As long as I can move in. No one's gonna want me,"

"Yes they will, don't be stupid,"

"I'm not, no one is ever gonna look at me the way Luke looks at Sierra. I don't believe it,"

"Yes they will, maybe someone from school too,"

"No one from school is gonna like me,"

"They might!"

"Meh,"

He turned the tv on, so we watched for a while, then we heard Gabi and Maddox come upstairs and well, we had to turn it up. We assumed that meant the party was over too, but we didn't move because I didn't think anyone other than Gabi's friends would actually leave.

I was right, because Ashton asked us to come downstairs and everyone was still there.

"What do you guys wanna do? We could go to a restaurant still, or everyone is staying for pizza if you'd like?"

"I'll stay," Axel said, sitting next to Calum.

"Guess we're staying,"

"We can go if you want pumpkin,"

"It's fine,"

"You don't look very fine about it,"

As I looked round at everyone staring at me, their faces gradually got blurrier and blurrier. It was stupid but I was looking forward to going to a restaurant. It made me excited, and feel grown up, and fancy.

I just left the room and went to the kitchen to get some water, gulping it down. 

"If we stay we can go to a restaurant another day. If this is too much we will go now,"

"I'm fine,"

"No, we should go, you were excited and I promised,"

"I'm fine, dad,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah... I don't know,"

"Long day?" he asked, standing beside me with his hand on my back, "Let's go home,"

"No,"

"If you are upset we will go home, and that's okay,"

"I don't know what I am feeling,"

"Okay, let's at least sit down,"

"I just think their love is so beautiful,"

I started crying and he immediately hugged me, rocking us side to side.

"Oh sweetheart, you feel others emotions so strongly, don't you? It was really beautiful, I am really happy as well, that is my younger brother right there," 

"I love you,"

"I love you too, I love you so much and I won't stop loving you,"

"I'm grateful I have your love,"

"You are the sweetest kid ever, you know that right?"

"I don't,"

"You are. You're my sweet kid,"

"Thank you for not giving up on me,"

"Never,"