Episode 31: Is This It?

Ha-rin: Why? Why Seo-jun why? Why did you lie to me? Why didn't you tell me the truth? Why did you play with my feelings? I guess this was my outcome of being a fool this all time. I was blind that I could not see how you and Soo-ah truly care for each other. I hate you Seo-jun! (with that she started weeping miserably)
-That moment Il-deung also came there. He saw Ha-rin crying and ran to her as fast as he could. He held her hand to turn her back and embraced her tightly.
Il-deung: Cupcake, what happened to you? Why are you crying? (Ha-rin couldn't speak anything. She just kept sobbing so Il-deung hugged her back)
Ha-rin: B...Buttercup?
Il-deung: Hmm?
Ha-rin: You will always be there for me know? (She asked while sobbing in his arms)
Il-deung: There's nothing to ask in that.
Ha-rin: Buttercup... I cannot live without you! (She said and started crying again)
-as another unfortunate coincidence, Seo-jun came to the rooftop following Il-deung and heard everything. He felt as if his world has stopped. He was in the same state in which Ha-rin was a few minutes ago. Loss of sense of direction, unknown tears flowing and mind flipping through the flashbacks.
Il-deung: Did you miss me Cupcake?
Ha-rin: NA IL-DEUNG!
Il-deung: And now why does that matter to you? I maybe her friend, best friend, or even her boy friend.
Ha-rin: You shut up okay! I wonder how you call yourself my best friend!
Il-deung: You are my best friend! Like this!
Il-deung: I have a girlfriend! Kim Ha-rin! She is my girlfriend!
Ha-rin: Are you crazy?
Il-deung: Yeah! Only for you!
Seo-jun: What are you thinking about?
Ha-rin: Buttercup.
Il-deung: What happened to her? Is she fine?
Ha-rin: Oh, my ring!
Seo-jun: Leave!
Il-deung: Why?
Il-deung: (He slightly held her chin and made her look in his eyes) you know you can't keep anything from me! Tell me what's wrong?
Ha-rin: Yah what is it?
Il-deung: Your back will start paining if you kept doing like that.
Il-deung: By any chance... do you love my cupcake?
Il-deung: We'll have one Decaf Latte and one Valencia Orange Cocoa Cappuccino.
Ha-rin: Buttercup has been along my side since childhood and that's why he knows me so well.
Il-deung: Very funny! Cupcake, you just wait!
Seo-jun: Do you love her too?
Il-deung: Cupcake, be safe. Call me once you reach home. Good night. I'm always there for you. You'll always find me in the audience cheering for you.
Ha-rin: Buttercup... I cannot live without you!
-with that last bit, Seo-jun closed his eyes and several tears left his eyes.
Seo-jun: Happy birthday to me!
-well this is how the "so called" farewell went for these four friends. After some moments, Il-deung and Soo-ah met.
Soo-ah: Il-deung, have you seen Ha-rin and Seo-jun?
Il-deung: Well, I was bringing water to Ha-rin. She is on the rooftop. I don't know about Seo-jun.
Soo-ah: Oh so shall we find him first and then go to Ha-rin?
Il-deung: Sure. (They both found Seo-jun sitting in the basketball court on one of the stair benches.
Soo-ah: Yah Seo-junah, let's go!
Seo-jun: Where? (He asked without looking at them)
Il-deung: To the rooftop to get some fresh air.
Seo-jun: I'm not coming. I'm fine here. (Just then Soo-ah held his hand dragged him to the rooftop)
-on the rooftop...Ha-rin received a mail. She was reading it.
Ha-rin: "Dear Kim Ha-rin, this is Dreamfill Entertainment. Congratulations! We offer you to work with our agency. You have impressed our CEO and he wants you to debut as Kpop idol under our company for he has spotted your potential. If you are interested, please do give us a call as soon as possible. Thank you!"
-Ha-rin was thrilled reading this message! She thought for a moment.
Ha-rin: It's a good opportunity for me to move on from this mess and give my dreams a chance. (And thus, she gave a call on the provided number. Someone soon picked up the call)
Ha-rin: (OTP) Hello?
DFE Secretary: Good Evening. May I know who is speaking?
Ha-rin: This is Kim Ha-rin.
DFE Secretary: Oh, I was expecting your call.
Ha-rin: Hmm. Well I am interested in debuting.
DFE Secretary: Oh okay.
-Ha-rin and DFE's (DreamFill Entertainment) Secretary were talking when the three friends entered the rooftop. However Ha-rin didn't notice them as her back was facing them.
Ha-rin: (OTP) Okay so I will be coming to Busan as soon as possible for practicing as trainee. Thank you so much and have a good day. (With that she cut the call)
-the three friends were shocked to hear this. When Ha-rin turned back, she saw her friends, not looking so happy. That moment Soo-ah came to Ha-rin and unexpectedly slapped her.
Ha-rin: Soo-ah?
Soo-ah: Do we really not matter to you huh? Do you really think you don't matter to us? You were planning to go to Busan, without even telling us? (Ha-rin just looked down because she knew that she was actually not going to tell them) Why Ha-rin? Are we that worthless? (She said as tears filled her eyes)
Ha-rin: Soo-ah, please don't say like that. Please don't cry.
Il-deung: Soo-ah, calm down. Let's hear what she has to say first.
Ha-rin: Actually I got a mail by DreamFill entertainment which offered me to become a Kpop idol. I have to go to Busan to enroll myself in their trainee academy.
Soo-ah: But why so suddenly?
Ha-rin: Because debuting as a Kpop idol is not easy Soo-ah. Please try to understand me. Getting this chance is very precious. (She said as she held Soo-ah's hands)
Il-deung: I will come with you.
Ha-rin: No Buttercup. You can't come with me as I have a favor to ask you.
Il-deung: What is that?
Ha-rin: You have to stay here to take care of my Mom while I'm gone. I know I am being selfish here but I have to do this.
Il-deung: But who will take care of you there.
Ha-rin: I will be... just fine. I know that you will just be call away from me. One call to you and you'll come running to me. Also I can't be dependent on you my whole life. I have to learn to take care of myself right? (Somewhere Il-deung was trying his best not to cry)
-Il-deung didn't want Ha-rin to be weak when she was finally stepping towards her dreams.
Soo-ah: Kiyomi, do you really have to go? (She said as she clutched onto Ha-rin)
Ha-rin: Yes Soo-ah. I have to go. I'll miss you a lot though.
-as they were talking, Seo-jun stood silent behind them. Even he was trying his best to not let his tears show.
Il-deung: Well when do you have to leave? I will come with you till the station.
Ha-rin: I'm leaving tomorrow only. (She said with a smile even when she had tears in her eyes)
-and so, the next day Il-deung and Soo-ah accompanied Ha-rin to the station.

Setting: Subway station
Il-deung: Cupcake, be sure to take good care of yourself. Don't skip meals,don't work overnight, don't overwork yourself and call me whenever you need anything.
Ha-rin: Hmm. (She said as she embraced him firmly) I'll miss you Buttercup!
Soo-ah: Kiyomi, please be safe and be sure to call us regularly. (She said as Ha-rin hugged her as well)
Ha-rin: I'll miss your warm embraces every morning Soo-ah. I will be missing you for I won't have anyone there to call me "Kiyomi".
-when Ha-rin broke the hug, her eyes searched for that one person.
Ha-rin: S...Seo-jun d...didn't come?
Soo-ah: He said he was not feeling very well so we didn't force him.
Ha-rin: Hmm.
Il-deung: Cupcake, looks like your ride's here. (He said as he picked up her luggage, ready to keep it in the train)
Ha-rin: Bye guys, I will miss you very much. (She said while waving at her friends)
Soo-ah: Bye Kiyomi!! (She waved back)
Il-deung: Bye Cupcake! Take care and make us proud! (Ha-rin nodded)
-Seo-jun actually came to the station as well. He witnessed her leaving from a distance.
Seo-jun: Bye love. Be safe. (He whispered under his breath as a tear left his eyes)