Episode 14: Together Again?

Setting: Anonymous Road
-While they were walking, a car approached them in great speed. Seo-jun quickly held Ha-rin's hand as she was on the danger side. He pulled and spins her around securing her in his arms. Ha-rin was shocked. He held her for a moment. Ha-rin was about pull off when Seo-jun again hugged her pulling her closer by the back of her neck leaving no space between them. It seemed like he didn't want to let go of her. Ha-rin gasped softy.
Ha-rin: Seo-jun...
Seo-jun: Shh, don't say anything. I just want to be with you. I just want to know something. What have I done that you are slowly going away from me? Have I done something to hurt you? Am I the cause of any of your misery? Answer me Ha-rin. (His voice seemed to be calm yet hurt)
Ha-rin: Seo-jun, why are you saying all this? Leave me. (She tried to avoid his questions by struggling to get off his grip)
Seo-jun: Not today Ha-rin. I won't leave you until you answer my questions. I want to know Ha-rin, I want to know what's in your mind. (He broke the hug but he still held her by her arms) Ha-rin, I am sorry. Whatever it is, I am sorry. I don't know what my mistake is, but please don't avoid me Ha-rin. I don't know, but... it hurts.
-Ha-rin was just looking at him while blinking her eyes. She could easily tell just by looking in his eyes that he was genuine and how hurt he was just because she ignored him a couple of days.
Ha-rin: Seo-jun. I am sorry to hurt you but I don't think I will ever be able to tell you the reason because I don't really know that myself.
Seo-jun: I understand there are sometimes when you fail to understand your own feelings.
-Ha-rin looked down and sighed.
Seo-jun: Ha-rin, we are friends and friends share everything with each other. When you are in a mess, don't ignore me. Just come to me and say all you want. I just want to tell you that... you can never hurt me. (Ha-rin was lost in his eyes as his heartwarming words touched her soul)

Next Day
Setting: Yonsei High School
-As usual Ha-rin came by her motorcycle and parked it in the right spot. After she took off her helmet, shook to set her hair and got off from the vehicle,her cutest bestie came up to her.
Soo-ah: Good Morning Kiyomi! (She said with the brightest smile)
Ha-rin: Good Morning! How are you feeling now??
Soo-ah: I am fine, all thanks to Il-deung. He stayed with me the whole night to see if I need anything and if I am fine or not. He's such a sweetheart. (She said the last words shyly)
Ha-rin: I know right! He has always been caring for me too.
Soo-ah: Well you are so lucky to have him as your best friend! He has been with you since childhood right? (She asked with curiosity)
Ha-rin: Mm hmm. We have been together since we were 6 I guess. Those were some special memories I share with him.
Soo-ah: So how did you guys meet? Also how did you guys become such close friends?
Ha-rin: One day, my parents took me to a beach where I first saw him, sitting on a bench, so quiet, so harmless. I approached him...

~FLASHBACK~
-Little Ha-rin came and sat beside little Il-deung.
Ha-rin: Hello, my name is Kim Ha-rin. What is your name? (She asked cutely)
Il-deung: Na Il-deung. (He said sadly while looking down)
Ha-rin: Aww, you look sad. Did something happen?
Il-deung: Does it even matter?
Ha-rin: Yes it does. You look so nice, but I know you will look like a prince if you had a smile on that sweet face of yours and I know that smile cannot be seen right now because you are going through something. You can tell me, I swear I won't tell anyone.
Il-deung: You promise?
Ha-rin: Pinky promise! (She locks his pinky finger with his. At this, the little boy smiled a little)
Il-deung: There are some kids in my school that trouble me for no reason. They always throw water on me and spill my food purposely. They say that I am ugly.Sometimes I think that I should just not go to school... (He got cut off when Ha-rin placed her little finger on his lips)
Ha-rin: Shh...don't say like this. I bet those kids are blind and jealous of your handsome face. I mean you are the sweetest boy have ever met till now. Don't bother those stupid kids. Ignore them and stay carefree. Or the best option,take me to them; I'll fight them for my friend!
Il-deung: I am your friend?
Ha-rin: (nodded sweetly) Yes you are!
Il-deung: Why? Just because you think I am handsome?
Ha-rin: (blushed) well you are that but...
Il-deung: Then why don't you marry me once we get old? (He said while being naughty.She really lifted up his mood)
Ha-rin: (gasp) Yah, you are not as innocent as I thought you would be.
Il-deung: Why? You think I am handsome and you are beautiful according to me,so let's get married!
Ha-rin: Are you buttering me? What do you want? (She said while pouting angrily yet she looked cute)
Il-deung: You! (He said while gently pinching her cheek)
-They looked at each other for a moment and smiled at each other.
Ha-rin: I'll name you buttercup, because you are great at buttering others.
Il-deung: Really!? Then I will name you Cupcake, just because you are really sweet.
-They giggled together and held their hands when they heard a female voice.
Il-deung's mom: Son, come, let's go. (Both the kids looked at each other one last time before bidding goodbye to each other)
-their sweet, innocent yet childish talks still linger on their minds. Whenever thought about, it never fails to bring a smile on their faces.

~FLASHBACK ENDS~

Soo-ah: Aww, so sweet! But did it end there? How are you guys still friends?
-The girls were sitting in the classroom
Ha-rin: Well... (Before she could speak further, Il-deung interrupted them)
Il-deung: Cupcake, here. I bought you bingsu (shaved ice).
Ha-rin: Aww thank you very much! (She said smiling brightly at him who smiled back at her)
-Soo-ah looked at them while being happy and sad at the same time. Next moment another cup of bingsu was place in front of the girls.
Seo-jun: Here I bought "bingsu" for you. It's been a while you could not eat it. I saw these in the cafeteria today so I thought to bring it for you. (He said to Soo-ah)
-Soo-ah was really enlightened to see that he still remembers her favorite desert.
Soo-ah: Looks like the boys are thinking alike today. (The girls giggled at this)
-Then Seo-jun looked at Ha-rin expecting her not to ignore him and she didn't. Instead she smiled at him
Il-deung: Well how are you feeling now after that last dreamy night?
Soo-ah: What do you mean? Why do you mention dreamy?