Episode 22: Do You Love Her Too?

Setting: The Mall
-The trio decided to have some coffee at Starbucks. When it was there turn, Il-deung, without even looking at the menu started ordering.
Il-deung: We'll have one Decaf Latte and one Valencia Orange Cocoa Cappuccino.
-Ha-rin was mesmerized seeing how well her best friend knows her while Seo-jun felt a little bit left out here.
Seo-jun: Are they really "just friends"? (He whispered to himself)

Cashier: Anything else?
Il-deung: Just a second. Seo-jun, what would you like to order?
Seo-jun: Umm, nothing. I am not really feeling well. Maybe next time.
Il-deung: It's fine. Well that's our order.
Cashier: Sure sir. Here's the bill. Please wait for your order.
-they came aside when Il-deung excused himself and went somewhere.
Ha-rin: What happened Seo-jun? Are you not feeling well? (She asked just like a concerned girlfriend)
Seo-jun: It's nothing.
Ha-rin: Oh really? Seconds ago you were just fine, now what happened to you? Have you really decided to hide things from me? (She said dramatically)
Seo-jun: It's not like that.
Ha-rin: Then what is it like?
Seo-jun: Well it's just that I don't know you better than Il-deung. I want to know you better than anyone and want to be present with you whenever you need me.
Ha-rin: Yah, don't dare to compare yourself with anyone. It's okay if you don't know me. Buttercup has been along my side since childhood and that's why he knows me so well. We have just met, and see, you have become such an important part of my life. You both are important to me, no matter how much you know me. Got it?
Seo-jun: But... (Ha-rin cut him off by placing a finger on his lips)
Ha-rin: Now no more talking. Our drinks are here!
-Ha-rin went to take the order while Seo-jun admired her charming behavior. When she came back, Seo-jun was already lost in her. She had to snap her fingers in front of his eyes to make him come back to life.
Ha-rin: Yah, where are you lost? (She said while taking a sip from her drink)
Seo-jun: In you... (He said as he wiped off the extra coffee from her lips. She blushed)
Ha-rin: Well, till Buttercup comes back, why don't you order something for yourself?
Seo-jun: What is the need when I can sip some from yours? (With that saying, he too took a sip from Ha-rin's drink)
Ha-rin: Yah Seo-jun! (She started hitting him playfully with her tiny fists)
-Il-deung standing from a distance witnessed all their cute actions which didn't really seem cute to him. He was reminded of his times with Ha-rin when he used to wipe her face whenever it was required.
FLASHBACK~
-This analepsis is from the time when Ha-rin and Il-deung weren't really good friends. Ha-rin and Il-deung are waiting in the queue to order for their coffee.
Il-deung: Ha-rin, what would you like?
Ha-rin: There's nothing to ask. One Valencia Orange Cocoa Cappuccino as always. (She said being uninterested while looking on to her phone screen. Il-deung sighed and ordered what she asked for)
-their drinks soon arrived. Il-deung passed Ha-rin's drink to her who still was focused on her phone. After taking one sip, Il-deung took Ha-rin's phone away. She immediately turned his face to him.
Ha-rin: Yah... (Il-deung cut her off by placing a finger on her lip which were layered by coffee foam)
Il-deung: Focus on your coffee, not on having a white mustache. (Saying that he wiped her lips)
Ha-rin: Well what have you ordered? Let me taste! (Il-deung switched their drinks)
Il-deung: Mmm, it's s...so t...tasty.
Ha-rin: Y...yours too! (They said after taking one sip from each other's drinks and answered as if they were forced to answer such. They switched their cups back in no time and looked away with a disgusting face)
-The thing was that Ha-rin's drink has a very saturated and vibrant whereas Il-deung's one was mild. But nonetheless, opposites attract and thus their friendship is still a memorable one.

~FLASHBACK ENDS
-Il-deung jerked off his thoughts and approached the love birds.
Il-deung: Shall we go now?
Ha-rin: Buttercup, what is that in your hands? (She said when she noticed a paper bag with a big box in it)
Il-deung: You will soon get to know.
Ha-rin: Mm hmm.
- It was late afternoon till then. The threesome decided to take a taxi. Il-deung very cunningly made Ha-rin sit in the corner and seated himself in the center. Seo-jun secretly passed a puppy look to Ha-rin.
Ha-rin: (in mind) I am truly blessed to have such a possessive and protective bestie. (She thought as she smiled at her Buttercup)
-after some minutes, the three friends arrived at the hospital. Il-deung started to feel dizzy and breathless.
Ha-rin: Buttercup, it's nothing. Just calm down. We will just greet and meet my mother then go okay. Don't worry. I am here with you. (She assured him as she held his hand)
Il-deung: Hmm. (They headed inside along with a perplexed Seo-jun)
-Il-deung tried hard not to focus on anyone or anything but on Ha-rin's words. In no time they knocked on Ha-rin's mom door.
So-hyun: Ha-rin dear, is it you?
Ha-rin: She sure is! Happy birthday Mom! (She exclaimed as she hugged her mom very cozily)
So-hyun: Oh, my princess remembers my birthday?
Ha-rin: Of course. How can I not? I am not that bad of a daughter. (So-hyun chuckled)
Il-deung: Many many happy returns of the day Eomo-nim. (He said as he presented the packed perfume gift in front of her) May your life be filled with full of happiness.
So-hyun: Thank you so much Il-deungah. You are such a sweet heart. Thank you for being here today. (She said being delighted by their presence)
Il-deung: It is my pleasure. How can I not attend my most gorgeous Eomo-nim birthday?
So-hyun: Ha-rin dear, you truly have kept a perfect nickname for your Buttercup! (Everyone laughed at this. Just then So-hyun noticed Seo-jun) Dear, who is this handsome young boy?
-Seo-jun after hearing her words proceeded towards her being a little shy. Ha-rin and Il-deung were shocked to witness a shy Seo-jun.
Seo-jun: Happy Birthday E...omo-nim. I am Han Seo-jun, their classmate and a good friend.
So-hyun: Oh, Ha-rin is this boy one of the friends you were talking about the other day?
Ha-rin: Yes mom. He is one of them.
So-hyun: Ha-rin I don't know what good deeds you might have accomplished in past life that you managed to make such charming friends. Dear boys, I have request to make. (The three friends looked at her) Can one of you date my lazy princess?
Ha-rin: Mom!! (Seo-jun giggled while Il-deung thought how to change the topic)
Il-deung: Well these talks might go on forever. Why don't we cut the cake now?
Ha-rin: Cake? (Before Ha-rin could process things, Il-deung already took out the box from the paper bag and opened it revealing a cookies and cream flavored cake)
So-hyun: Wow, the cake is so adorable. But Il-deung dear, did you forget my first choice?
Il-deung: Of course not Eomo-nim. I first asked if Fruit Punch flavor was available or not. Unfortunately it wasn't so I bought one of the other flavors that you like.
So-hyun: That's my boy. You remember it, that's enough. Let's cut the cake now! (While So-hyun cut the cake, Ha-rin smiled at Il-deung. He noticed it and asked the reason for it by raising his eyebrows. Ha-rin just shook her head)
-the reason for the smile was serene. Cookies and cream was Ha-rin's favorite flavor in every desert food. May it be ice-cream, waffles or cake! So-hyun turn by turn fed cake to everyone.
Ha-rin: I wish Soo-ah was here to take our picture.
Il-deung: It's okay. I will click the pictures for you.
- Il-deung took the pictures. A moment came when Ha-rin fed the cake to Seo-jun. Il-deung captured that moment as well.
Seo-jun: Yah, Il-deung give me the phone. Ha-rin, go feed him some cake too. (Seo-jun playfully snatched Il-deung's phone and Ha-rin went closer)
-Ha-rin brought the cake piece near his mouth but just when he was about to take a bite of it, Ha-rin spread it all over his cheeks. So-hyun laughed.
So-hyun: Such a masterpiece princess. I think you should rename him into 'Butter cake' from 'Buttercup'!
Il-deung: Very funny! Cupcake, you just wait! (He grabbed a piece of cake and locked Ha-rin in his arms so that she could not run. He took his revenge but Ha-rin still couldn't stop giggling)
-Seo-jun was merrily recording all of this. Just then suddenly, the phone gallery opened. Seo-jun was left stunned witnessing Il-deung's gallery. It was full of Ha-rin's pictures. Cute, silly, funny, elegant, angry, every type of picture was there. It seemed like, he has captured every moment of her life.
Seo-jun: Il-deungshii, do you love her too? (He whispered under his breath)

Epilogue
-Il-deung and Ha-rin were sitting in the couch watching TV.
Ha-rin: Buttercup, what do you want to become when you grow up?
Il-deung: Probably your personal photographer.
Ha-rin: That's perfect. I will be a K-pop Idol and you will be my personal photographer. Girls will drool over how handsome my photographer is. (They chuckled)
Il-deung: Cupcake, look here! (He said and she looked. He clicked her photo)
-This is just one instance. Il-deung always used to capture Ha-rin's sweet and bitter moments!