Episode 27: That Sly Scheme

As soon as Mr. Choi bid good bye, everyone's phone made a notification sound. In a moment there were murmuring and gossiping between the students. Ha-rin could not believe her eyes. She felt a sharp fear about the uploaded post. She looked at Seo-jun and already found him looking at her. Her eyes started to fill up with tears. She felt everyone is staring at her as if she was a criminal. Seo-jun was also shocked by the post. The post contained photos of them while hugging and kissing. The caption said, "A gold digger in disguise dating the school heartthrob. Are they trying to replicate Lee Sung-hoon and Eun Si-woo couple?" Ha-rin couldn't stand it anymore and ran away from there as fast as she could.
Soo-ah: Kiyomi! Wait for me! (She worriedly called out to her)
Il-deung; Soo-ah, you stay here with Seo-jun. I will go to Ha-rin. (Soo-ah nodded)
Girl1: Oppa, are you really dating that girl? I mean doesn't she already have a boyfriend.
Girl2: Oppa, I didn't know your choice was so...let it be. (Seo-jun didn't know what to think or say)
-Soo-ah ran to him.
Soo-ah: Seo-jun let's go. Just don't listen to this nonsense. (She said as she dragged him through the crowd)
-here Il-deung ran behind Ha-rin. He after running a little bit, caught up with her. He held her hand and stopped her by holding her hand.
Ha-rin: Il-deung leave me! (She said while struggling to get out of his grip)
-Instead of letting go, he pulled her closer turning her face to him. He stared right into her eyes which were filled with tears.
Il-deung: Ha-rin just stop running! (That time it started raining. It had been years that they called each other by their actual names. Il-deung pulled Ha-rin and securely engulfed her in his arms) First let's go home.
-Il-deung made Ha-rin wear his jacket and walked her to home. Ha-rin just obeyed to him because she didn't want to make him angry and lose his one and only childhood best friend. She knew that at the moment, she needed someone like him. They both entered Ha-rin's house and Il-deung made her sit on the sofa. He went to get a towel for her because they both were wet due to the heavy rain. He wrapped the towel around Ha-rin and got some hot water for her. Till then, she was calmed down a bit. Il-deung sat beside her.
Il-deung: Now tell me, why wasn't I aware of you two dating?
Ha-rin: I wanted to tell you.
Il-deung: Am I not important?
Ha-rin: Please don't say like that. I just didn't know how to tell you this.
Il-deung: Okay, I get it. I understand you.
Ha-rin: Buttercup, please don't be mad at me.
Il-deung: I am not mad at you.
Ha-rin: But what should I do now? Why would someone do such a thing?
Il-deung: It has to be a person who hates you to death. They know that the exams are coming up and these things ought to distract a person's focus. I guess I know who did this!
Ha-rin: Really? Who?
Il-deung: It has to be Kang Yu-na.
Ha-rin: But you see, among the uploaded pictures, there were some of them that were taken even before Kang Yu-na returned.
Il-deung: Exactly, that's why I think she is not alone in this. There is someone who has been helping her.
Ha-rin: Who could it be?
-on the other side of the story
Ae-cha: Your work is done Yu-na. It seems like your plan will start showing its colours in no time.
Yu-na: That's good. Well after exams I'll head back to Canada and spend rest of my life there only. Keep updating me about the situation here. I don't wanna live here anymore anyway. (She said while drinking the glass of wine)
Ae-cha: But why don't you wanna stay here?
Yu-na: Well, why should I stay here? There's nothing left! Seo-jun will hate me after he finds out that I was the one behind all. On top of that, now I am not the best dancer, it's that Ha-rin. I don't wanna live in such a lowly state here.
Ae-cha: I get it. (She said as she patted her back)
-on Seo-jun's side, he was worried about Ha-rin. Soo-ah was there to calm him.
Seo-jun: Soo-ah, it's entirely my fault. You know, she warned me about this earlier also but I didn't listen to her. I was just concerned about my love for her. How can I be so selfish? (Seo-jun was panicking)
Soo-ah: Seo-junah, you need to calm down first!
Seo-jun: How can I calm down Soo-ah when I know that right now, Ha-rin will be severely hurt? She would be crying right now Soo-ah! How can I be calm knowing all this? Because of that post, Ha-rin won't be able to breathe in peace in high school.
Soo-ah: Seo-jun, nothing will happen to Ha-rin. Il-deung is with her. She is a strong girl. She will be just fine. But if you need to care for her, you need to take care of yourself first.
Seo-jun: Soo-ah, I don't know what to do. I don't how will she react after meeting me? I don't know whom is she blaming right now? I don't know anything anymore Soo-ah! (He broke down as he was saying all this. Soo-ah embraced him and rubbed his back)
Soo-ah: Seo-jun, get a hold of yourself. You can't be weak now. If you both truly love each other, nothing will happen to your relationship. There are some problems that come between two people but you both must face it together. Right now, you must sleep and talk to Ha-rin tomorrow. (Seo-jun nodded and soon fell asleep on Soo-ah's lap)
Il-deung: Whoever it is, I will surely find it out. But for now Cupcake, you have to focus on your studies. Try your best to not let this issues affect your studies. You have to... (Before he could complete, Ha-rin tightly embraced him)
Ha-rin: I am sorry Buttercup. I didn't tell you about him. I am so sorry. But look at you; you are still here with me. Instead of being mad at me, you still worry and care about me. What kind of friend am I?
Il-deung: You are the perfect kind of friend for me. (Il-deung broke the hug and made her look at him. He caressed her head while speaking) I am not mad at you because I understand you. I care for you because I adore you. I am here with you because I have promised you, that I will never leave by your side come what may. You must sleep now. You are tired. Good night and always remember my words. (He said and sincerely smiled at her. In response, she laid down on his lap as Il-deung patted her head)

After some days
-During the preparation leave, both the pairs of childhood friends studied together. Ha-rin and Seo-jun didn't meet each other for a week. It was finally the day of their first exam. Ha-rin and Il-deung were going to class when they noticed Seo-jun and Soo-ah coming from the opposite side. When they came close enough Soo-ah greeted them.
Soo-ah: Good Morning Kiyomi. Good Morning Il-deung. (She tried to bridge the awkwardness)
-unexpectedly, Ha-rin with a blank expression just walked in to the class which surprised Seo-jun but he didn't show. He was hurt. Soo-ah ran behind her. Il-deung spared a glance at Seo-jun and walked away as well.
Soo-ah: Yah Kiyomi, did I do something wrong? Are you avoiding me?
Ha-rin: It's nothing like that Soo-ah. It's just that I wanted to revise a little before the bell rings.
Soo-ah: Oh okay. Well do you want to grab a bite after exam? (She said hopefully)
Ha-rin: I don't think I can. I have to go somewhere important but I'll soon catch up to you. (She assured her as she didn't want her to be upset after all she was innocent) All the best!
Soo-ah: You too! (From behind, Il-deung smiled at the girls to see at least their friendship is unaffected)
-after some two and a half hours, the exam ended. Seo-jun was about to approach Ha-rin but she already took her bag and starting leaving the class. Seo-jun was about to follow her but Il-deung stopped him.
Il-deung: I know that you wanna talk to her but give her some time.
Seo-jun: But...
Il-deung: Understand Seo-jun. Right now she needs to focus on her exams or she'll lose her focus.
Seo-jun: Hmm. (With that Il-deung left as well)

Setting: Tea Leaf and Coffee Bean Café
-Seo-jun headed towards the café and soon started working. Then from the manager's room, he heard someone's familiar voice.
Seo-jun: Isn't that Ha-rin's voice? (While in the cabin...)
Ha-rin: I am so sorry ma'am but I have to take a leave for a week or two as my exams are going on.
Ms. Jung: Hmm. I understand. (She said she did but still seemed a bit unconvinced)
Ha-rin: I promise to join soon Ms. Jung.
Ms. Jung: Well then, you can take your leave. Be back soon and all the best for your exams.
Ha-rin: Thank you Ms. Jung. Have a nice day. (She exited the cabin and found Seo-jun working)
-Ha-rin just pretended like she didn't see him and went out of the café.
Seo-jun: Ha-rin, are you taking a leaving because of exams or because of me? (He asked himself)

Setting: The Library
-Ha-rin entered the library as she started looking for Mr. Han.
Ha-rin: Mr. Han, where are you? See, I bought you Tteok-bokki (a Korean dish)!!
Mr. Han: Oh Ha-rin dear. What was the need to bring this?
Ha-rin: Well that's because I am here to convince you.
Mr. Han: Convince me about what?
Ha-rin: Well it seems like I will be studying here the whole night so...
Mr. Han: So you need the keys?
Ha-rin: Mm hmm.
Mr. Han: Fine but remember to lock the library nicely.
Ha-rin: Sure. Thank you so much Mr. Han. (He said as he handed her the keys)
Mr. Han: Bless you dear. (He said as he went to work and Ha-rin went to one of the tables to study)
-Mr. Han soon left. Ha-rin studied for almost 3 hours! It was 11:15. She didn't know when she fell asleep with head laid down on the table. That time someone entered the library.