Episode 33: A Sweet Reunion

Min-kyung: Wait wait wait! Is this Seo-jun the one for whom you made your first album? (She asked teasingly as Ha-rin grew nervous)
Ha-rin: W...well I just remembered, Ms. Choi was calling me to discuss about the song. I will go now. (She said as changed the topic and went to meet Ms. Choi. She knocked on her door) May I come in Ma'am?
Ms. Choi: Oh Ha-rin, come in. Well I just wanted to ask your opinion on something.
Ha-rin: Please tell me about it ma'am.
Ms. Choi: Well do you want to be a soloist or be in a group?
Ha-rin: I am absolutely fine with both but I just have one query.
Ms. Choi: And what is that Ha-rin?
Ha-rin: I have heard that if you are in a group, sometimes you are forced to hide your solos. It won't happen with me right?
Ms. Choi: I will talk about it. I will try my best it won't happen with you.
Ha-rin: Then I have no problem in being a group.
Ms. Choi: Okay so we'll discuss about this in depth after your first album release. You may leave now.
Ha-rin: Thank you ma'am. Have a good day.

Song Release Day
-it was finally the day when Ha-rin's first solo album will be released. Ha-rin was shooting its promotion. She seemed very ecstatic. Her eyes shined with a glimmer of hope. She was soon finished with the shoot and all her trainees and people around congratulated her by shaking hands and embracing her.
Min-kyung: Yah Ha-rinie, congratulations! By the way I just saw the album and it just seems wow. I can't wait to listen to all the songs. Reading every song's name in order, it feels like they tell you a story on their own.
Ha-rin: I am glad that you understood it Min-kyungah. I hope you'll love the songs to.
Min-kyung: Well Ha-rinie, your phone was ringing. The caller id said "Buttercup".
Ha-rin: Oh I completely forgot. He must be here to pick me up. Sorry Min-kyung. I have to leave right now. I'll come back and meet you soon! (They merrily bid goodbye to each other and Ha-rin went to get her belongings to leave)
-Till the time our Ha-rin is going to meet Il-deung, let's see her album.
Album name: All about love
Songs:-
✨First love
✨You make my heart flutter
✨Love me too
✨I was wrong
✨Past glimpses, what is it really?
✨At last, I found you
-Min-kyung wasn't wrong. Her album tells a story, a story about Ha-rin, a story all about her love. Ha-rin got out of the building and found Il-deung leaning on the car with his hands folded like a gentleman. As soon as he saw her, he smiled his adorable smile and waved at her. Ha-rin too twinkled and took her step as fast as she could towards Il-deung. Il-deung wasting no time engulfed her in his arms.
Il-deung: Well done Cupcake. I am proud of you. (He said as he caressed her head)
Ha-rin: Thank you!! I won't be able to be here today if you weren't there.
-That moment, Ha-rin heard a voice from behind her.
Seo-jun: Congratulations Ha-rin. (Ha-rin turned as she met Seo-jun with a bouquet in his hands)
-Ha-rin advanced her hands to take the bouquet from him as their fingers brushed. Time stood still for both of them. Both of them lost in each other's gaze. Il-deung sat in the car.
Il-deung: Guys if you are done, can we go now? (Both of them blinked and came to reality) Soo-ah is waiting for us in the noraebang alone.
Ha-rin: Noraebang?
Il-deung: Mm hmm. You are giving us a treat today. Now let's go!
-With that Seo-jun sat beside Il-deung and Ha-rin sat back. Both Seo-jun and Il-deung checked on Ha-rin from the mirror time to time. They drove to where Soo-ah was waiting for them. Ha-rin got off the car as soon as she spotted Soo-ah and ran up to her.
Soo-ah: Kiyomi!! (She said when the both held on to each other securely) Congratulations on your first album!! C'mon now! Let's go inside. (She said and all the four friends went inside)

Setting: Noraebang (A karaoke room)
-the friends straight went up to a room and opened up the bottles of soju (a famous drink in Korea) and took one shot immediately. The friends partied hard. Il-deung made all of them a laugh a lot with his dramatic hilarious singing. Soo-ah too sang in a dramatic way to light up the mood.
Soo-ah: Seo-junah, it's your turn now! (And so he took the mic and "It's You" by Henry.

Baby, I'm falling, head over heels
Looking for ways to let you know just how I feel
I wish I was holding you by my side
I wouldn't change a thing 'cause finally it's real
I'm tryin' to hold back, you ought to know that
You're the one that's on my mind
Falling too fast, deeply in love
Finding the magic in the colors of you
You're the right time
At the right moment
You're the sunlight
Keeps my heart going

-Ha-rin kept taking up shots as Seo-jun's melodious voice passed through her ears. Slowly she found it difficult to keep her eyes open. She was totally wasted. Finally it was Ha-rin's turn.
Il-deung: Ha-rin if you are too drunk, we can go home now.
Ha-rin: Home? Now? But it's my turn. I will sing for you guys, especial for you Seo-jun. (She said in a drunken state pointing at Seo-jun. She snatched the mic from him and her name on the television caught her eyes.
Ha-rin: "I was wrong by Kim Ha-rin"? Wow, I can choose my song as well!
Soo-ah: Why don't we hear it live!
Ha-rin: Your wish, my command! (The three friends are convinced she's totally drunk) Sing it with me!
-And thus she started singing the song. The three friends smiled at Ha-rin and then at Seo-jun who was lost in Ha-rin. She looked so pure to him. Her eyes were closed and she was lost in the song, so was Seo-jun. Seo-jun felt guilty hearing the song as it conveyed how two lovers had to separate because of some misunderstandings. Between the song, Ha-rin was about to fall because of losing balance. Seo-jun was quick enough to not let his love get any hurt. Ha-rin cutely smiled at him and continued singing. Between all this, unexpectedly there were tears in Il-deung's eyes. He wiped his tears without anyone noticing and took up one last shot.
Il-deung: Seo-jun you must take her home. She is way too drunk! (Il-deung came near them and took the mic from Ha-rin)
Soo-ah: So let's call it a day?

Setting: Seo-jun's house
-Il-deung dropped Seo-jun and Ha-rin to Seo-jun's home (where So-hee lived. She was not home that time). Seo-jun carried Ha-rin to the bed room upstairs and made her sit on the bed. The lights were dim and the room decorated with pink and purple lights. He sat down as he took off her shoes.
Ha-rin: Seo-jun, you liar, I hate you! (She said in her cute wasted state)
Seo-jun: Liar? What lie did I say? (He asked as sat beside her)
Ha-rin: You said you loved me! But you never did! You loved Soo-ah! Why Seo-jun, why did you lie to me? Do you have any idea how much I loved you? (a sweet frown appeared on her face)
Seo-jun: You loved me? (She nodded)
Ha-rin: Not only loved you, I still love you. I hate myself for loving a liar like you. No no, wait, I hate you! I hate you Seo-jun, but I also love you! Do you know you even broke my dream!
Seo-jun: Which dream?
Ha-rin: You know, I always wanted that when one day I will become an idol, and you will propose me on stage! All my fans would cheer for us and I would gladly accept your proposal! Just like dramas, so magical, so romantic! (She said as she cupped her cheeks and blushed on her own words. Then immediately she glared at Seo-jun.) But you broke it all. You don't even love me! (She said and started fake crying)
-Seo-jun scoffed at her overloaded cuteness.
Seo-jun: Ha-rin, I love you!
Ha-rin: Liar.
-at this, Seo-jun pulled her closer and held the back of her head. Their faces dangerously close to each other. Seo-jun looked at Ha-rin's lips but soon moved back again. Nevertheless, Ha-rin held onto Seo-jun's collar and pulled him in a deep kiss. Seo-jun broke the kiss.
Seo-jun: Ha-rin, you're too drunk. You should sleep... (He couldn't complete when she pecked him)
Ha-rin: I am not drunk. I know what I'm doing Seo-junah! (She said as she kissed him again)
-Seo-jun laid Ha-rin down on the bed and broke the kiss once again. He tucked her up under the blanket.
Seo-jun: Ha-rin, we will talk tomorrow. Good night. (He said as he was about to leave when Ha-rin held his hand)
Ha-rin: Are you leaving me again? (She sadly pouted as her doe eyes shined) Please don't leave me!
-Seo-jun sat beside her and kissed her forehead.
Seo-jun: I am not going anywhere. I am here. Go to sleep. (He caressed her hair and she soon went to sleep while holding tight on to Seo-jun's hand)

Next Morning
-Ha-rin woke up with a strong headache. She held her head trying to remember what happened last night. However she couldn't remember a single thing. That moment, she heard a knock on the door. As the door opened, Ha-rin smiled widely.
Ha-rin: Mom!! (It was So-hee holding a tray in her hands)
-So-hee kept the tray on the side table. She sat in front of Ha-rin and embraced her. Ha-rin embraced her back as her eyes were filled with tears.
So-hee: How have you been my dear?
Ha-rin: I'm fine Mom. How are you?
So-hee: I'm fine too. Well I brought you some Haejang-guk (a Korean traditional hangover cure soup).
Ha-rin: If you don't mind, can you feed it to me mom? (She shyly asked)
So-hee: Why not dear? (She said as she took the tray back and fed her. Ha-rin, like an obedient kid, drank the whole soup) By the way dear, do you still love my Seo-jun?