Episode 10: Twisted Yet Pure

Setting: The library
Ha-rin was sobbing internally seeing Soo-ah and Seo-jun together. But what was hurting more was that she didn't know the reason for her misery.

Ha-rin: I guess I was always the third wheel. So, the gossips weren't just mere rumors...

She thought sadly while turning back but that same moment, Il-deung arrived in front of her. Ha-rin was startled by his sudden appearance. As a result, she was about to fall back but Il-deung held her by her waist and pulled her close to him. Due to the sudden actions, Ha-rin's ring fell making a tinkling chime, distracting Soo-ah and Seo-jun. They both got up and witnessed Ha-rin in Il-deung's arms, making Seo-jun insecure... of what? Ha-rin closed her eyes tightly as a result of a sharp pain in her head. 

Il-deung: Ha-rin, are you okay?
Ha-rin: I don't know. My head...
Soo-ah: Kiyomi! You're here! (She exclaimed while approaching them)

Ha-rin stood up straight and fixed herself before Soo-ah hugged her. She blinked multiple times to relieve the pain. Il-deung was about to pick up her fallen ring when Seo-jun too touched it. They both were holding the ring and glaring at each other for some unknown-but-known reason.

Seo-jun: Leave. 
Il-deung: Why don't you?

Their eyes gazed into each other furiously as if they were going to fight any moment. Ha-rin noticed them and took her ring from their hands.

Ha-rin: I believe it's mine...

She tried to slide her ring on to her shivering finger but wasn't able to due to the nervousness. All of them went inside as they sat on their seats. The girls started to solve some math problems while the boys kept staring at each other. It seemed like Il-deung was teasing Seo-jun with his eyes and a smirk as he sat with Ha-rin while Seo-jun couldn't. Their battle of glaring broke when Ha-rin spoke, attracting their attention...

Ha-rin: How to solve this problem? (Before Il-deung could say a word, Seo-jun did)
Seo-jun: Let me help you. Which question? (He got up and came beside her, bending till Ha-rin's level to view the question) Let me see...
Ha-rin: Th...this one.
Seo-jun: Hmm. So this question requires you to use this formula..... (He purposely came close to her as he explained her the sum while Ha-rin couldn't focus on what he was saying. She froze seeing Seo-jun's behavior but she still managed to admire his handsome face which was pretty close to her) So did you understand?
Ha-rin: Y...yes... (She blinked coming back to the reality) 

Seo-Jun returned back to his seat. This time it seemed like tables turned as Seo-jun was teasing Il-deung with his eyes while Il-deung just scoffed at what he just witnessed. The boys didn't even know why they were behaving such.

Soo-ah: Okay guys, I think it's enough for today. We must head to our homes now.

Everyone except Seo-jun stood up when he held Ha-rin's wrist and averted his calm gaze over her nervous ones.

Seo-jun: Did you forget about our pending assignment?

Ha-rin gulped because she did not wanted to be alone with Seo-jun that time but she really didn't have a choice. Il-deung wanted to stay but didn't wish to leave Soo-ah alone either as it had been quite long since the sun had set. (Such a gentleman <3)

Soo-ah: By the way guys, after submitting this weekly assignment, we'll try our best to be in the same team.
Il-deung: Why not?! Everybody would love that, right Seo-jun?
Seo-jun: Of course. (He smiled just for the sake of smiling)
Soo-ah: Well bye guys! (With that Soo-ah and Il-deung left while Seo-jun sat beside Ha-rin)
Seo-jun: So where were we...

On the other hand, Il-deung was following Soo-ah...

Soo-ah: Yah, why are you following me?
Il-deung: Why would I want to follow you? Even my house is this way.
Soo-ah: Really? You never mentioned.
Il-deung: Well, I am mentioning now. (They both were busy in talking when there was a stone in Soo-ah's path. She was about to trip and fall but Il-deung held her bag pack and pulled her towards him which made her back hit his chest) Yah, are you and Cupcake sisters? Do you have your legs just for show?
Soo-ah: Yah, are you and Seo-jun brothers? Both are cold as ice but are mysterious inside. (The both glared at each other when he finally let go her bag) Anyways... thank you! 
Il-deung: What did you say? Sorry I couldn't hear properly. 
Soo-ah: I said Thank. You!
Il-deung: I don't know why I can't hear things properly. Can you repeat one last time? (He brought his ear close to her)
Soo-ah: I said GET LOST!! Now heard properly?

Here, Ha-rin and Seo-jun were completed with their assignment. Ha-rin was about to leave when Seo-jun stopped her.

Seo-jun: Ha-rin.
Ha-rin: Hmm?

Seo-jun came near her and held her wrist yet again, un-curling her fingers which were turned into a fist, hiding her ring. He took the ring and slid it serenely onto her finger. They slowly looked into each other's eyes, finding what they wanted to find when Ha-rin pulled back her hand.

Ha-rin: I...I must go now. Good night. (She barely managed to say and ran back to her home)
Seo-jun: Good night...

Next Day
Setting: Yonsei High School
Ha-rin reached the school earlier than anyone. She came past the dance room and peeked through the door window; it was empty. She entered and played the speaker. She was perplexed about her feelings. She expressed it all through dancing. She caught every beat of the song and expressed every emotion of her heart through her eyes and grace. Little did she know, Seo-jun who too coincidentally came early, watched her dance. The music ended, but her misery didn't... She fell on her knees as she couldn't answer her feelings...

Ha-rin: What has happened to me? What is this feeling that I am not able to understand? Where will I get the answers to my questions? What should I do?
???: What you should do is come with me. Come on, get up...

An ethereal voice spoke to her, offering her a hand. She first looked at his hand and then at him who was signaling her to come with him. She got up while taking his hand as at that moment, he seemed nothing less than an angel to her...