s. 5 ep. 12 The Nublar Seven... Part 2

TIMESKIP

I walked through the airlock toward the jungle biome. Brooklynn was in the tunnels, turning off the alarm. Darius was checking on the Eaties. And the dynamic trio brought the kids, Angle and Rebel, back to their snowy biome.

After grabbing a bagel from Mae's cave, Kenji, who had talked to Yaz before she left, and I decided to go to the jungle biome. We had an old friend that needed a visit.

Eventually, we reached the spot. Kenji grabbed the controller off the ground. Then, he looked out at Toro. He stood very still next to the warehouse.

We both just stood and looked at the dino. We both had a connection to him. He was the first one we escaped by working together. Kenji had told us about his father for the first time while looking for Toro. And... while I didn't know it at the time, we became friends escaping Toro.

"You wanna do it?" Kenji asked.

"Nah," I replied. "My legs hurt."

Kenji nodded, dropped the controller, and stomped on it.

Toro shook his head, looked around, a little confused, then walked off into the jungle.

I smiled. "See you around, old friend," I said.

We both just stood there, letting the silence wash over us.

Kenji sighed. "Come on, let's go."

"Yeah," I replied, turning and talking a step before feeling my ribs and going down to one knee with a grunt.

"You okay?" Kenji asked, concerned.

"No." I groaned. "Everything hurts."

"We can swing by the compound. I'm pretty sure there's Advil and stuff there." Kenji said

I stood gingerly. "Oh, yeah. Cus Advil's gonna help with this," I held up my swollen wrist. "This," I pointed to the wound in my chest. "And this." I turned around and lifted my shirt to reveal the Scorpious claw marks.

"Do you want it or not?" Kenji asked.

"I'll take all of it," I said.

Kenji chuckled and slung my arm over his own shoulders, supporting my weight as we walked toward the compound.

TIMESKIP

We entered the suite and looked over our old pad. It never really felt like a home to me. Unlike our stop back on Nublar or Mae's cave. This place had too many bad memories.

"I'll check the bathrooms. Each one has a meds drawer." Kenji said, leaving me to find a chair to rest in.

I lowered my broken body into the chair, feeling the pain all over. Each ache, each bruise, and bump, all had a story behind them. Sometimes it felt like I didn't wanna keep going. It felt like I wanted to give up, let my demons in and let them devour me. But then, I thought about what I was fighting for, my friends. The ones who gave me a chance. The ones I cared about above all.

"Fuck me. I'm way too dramatic." I said to myself.

"Got it," Kenji said, returning with a pill bottle which he tossed at me.

I caught it with one hand and stood. I then walked over to the bar and started inspecting the alcohol shelf.

"What are you doing?" Kenji asked.

"Finding something to wash these down with," I replied. "Oooooo. Tequila."

"I don't think that's such a good idea," Kenji said.

"Who's gonna stop me?" I asked. "The alcohol shelf is the least of your dad's concerns."

"Well, yeah. But aren't you not supposed to mix pills and alcohol?"