ep. 4 Things Fall Apart

*Ding* *Ding*

The bell sounded and the two men circled each other, fists up to protect their faces. They inched closer, firing soft jabs, looking for and opening until the taller one who looked to be almost seven feet tall through a big right hand. The man with (h/c) hair ducked it and fired back with quick strikes. The smaller man was by no means short, standing at about 6' 2" or 6' 3", but the larger man just towered over him. They continued to trade strikes for a while until (h/c) haired man faltered a moment and got hit with a right hook sending him stumbling back. The taller man looked to take advantage when...

*Ding* *Ding*

Round one ended and the two men returned to their corners. I watched terrified. How is he gonna win now? He got hit so hard. But his streak. He can't lose now. He just can't.

The man looked up, his eyes glazed but then he focused on me, making eye contact. Something glittered in his (e/c) eyes. Mischief? Hope? Excitement? Maybe a mix of all three? He nodded at me and I nodded back. I know he can do it.

The man stood up shakily, facing off with the much larger man. He held his hands up loosely like he didn't know where he was.

"Are you sure you can continue?" The referee asked.

"Just ring the damn bell." He growled.

With a sigh, the referee called for the bell.

*Ding* *Ding*

The larger man charged forward to take advantage of the smaller man's spaced-out state. The smaller man suddenly focused up and delivered a mighty roundhouse kick to the unprotected temple of the larger man. He crumpled to the floor instantly. The smaller man began to ground and pound until the ref pushed him away calling for the bell.

*Ding* *Ding* *Ding*

I was picked up by my mother who was wearing a yellow shirt and a matching yellow skirt. I was cheering loudly and so was my mother. She looked so young and so much happier. She carried me into the octagon where the man's arm was raised. "Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner, Grant (L/N)!"He walked over to me and took me from my mother.

"There you are kiddo!" He said jovially.

"You did it, dad! You really beat him." I said, hugging him around the neck

"What do I always say?"

"I'm hungry?" that got a laugh out of my father.

"I mean about life."

"Adapt or die!" I said in a deep threatening voice, mocking him.

He laughed again, "Yep, it's probably the best lesson I can teach you. This world is gonna be tough on you but all you need is one moment, one chance, to make a statement. You feel me?" He said holding a fist out to me.

I gave him a fist bump and said, "You should be the champ."

"Oh really? I should be the champ?" then stopped to really consider it for a second.

"Oh, I love seeing my boys together." Said my mother coming over and giving my father a peck on the lips.

"Thanks for bringing him, honey. He really got me through this one." my dad said with a smile.

An interviewer came over asking to talk to my dad. He quickly handed me over to my mother and moved in front of the camera with the interviewer.

"I'm here with tonight's winner, Grant (L/N)." The interviewer started, "Grant, this win takes you to 30-0 in your last 30 matches. It's one of the most dominant runs that the LA MMA league has ever seen. Everyone wants to know, what's next for you and what you have to say about your historic winning streak?"