s. 2 ep. 1 A Beacon of Hope

POV: 3rd person

It was a new day on Isla Nublar. Ankylosaurs roamed free exploring the thick jungle. Compsognathus played on overturned cars and logs. Brachiosaurus grazed from tall trees. Pteranodons flew across the open skies. A velociraptor with a blue stripe going down each side of her head explored her new domain. Everything seemed at peace in Jurassic World...

Accept the six dumbasses running through the jungle.

"Run, run, run!" Darius shouted.

"Run!" Brooklynn said as well.

"Stop telling me to run! I know! There is no way I wouldn't be running right now!" (y/n) yelled.

"Is the Parasaurolophus still there?" Brooklynn called back to Kenji.

Kenji looked behind him at the Para that was basically running next to him at this point. It didn't last long as the Para was chased off by a blindsiding T. rex.

"Ahh! Not anymore!" Kenji screamed.

"Over there! Cover!" Darius called, pointing to an overturned tree.

They dived behind the tree, avoiding the fighting Rex and Para. They heard a pained cry from the Para and then a crunch.

Darius peeked over the tree and watched as the Rex dragged her kill away.

"They're gone," Darius said.

Everyone let out their breath.

"Jesus Christ!" (y/n) said loudly.

"Why are there so many dinosaurs around?"Kenji said.

"Well, it's either your boyish charm or all the fences on the island are down," Brooklynn replied.

"No offense, but it's definitely option two," Sammy said.

"And with plenty of offense, you're not the charming type." (y/n) added.

"I don't even care. Right now, I just want a sandwich." Yaz said.

"I agree." (y/n) said.

"We haven't eaten since we had those awful carob bars that Ben..." Yaz stopped as she realized what she said, "I-I..."

Everyone looked around sadly. They all missed Ben. Darius looked especially sad, he still blamed himself for not being able to hang on to him. Roars in the distance signaled to them it was time to move.

"We just need to eat and rest. I can't keep running like this." Sammy said standing up.

"Brooklynn?" (y/n) asked still sitting as the others got up

"Yeah?" She replied, continuing to sit as well.

(y/n) stood up, pulling Brooklynn with him because she was still gripping his arm. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh, yeah, sorry." She said, letting go and quickly walking away with a slight blush on her face.

The gang walked along until Darius spotted the top of the Innovation Center on Main Street.

"Guys, look! There's bound to be a way to call for help on Main Street, and food and everything else. Come on!"

The campers made their way to Main Street, which was a hell of a sight. Overturned shade umbrellas and tables, smashed glass, one of the restaurant's interiors looked burnt to a crisp, a gift shop looked as if a wrecking ball had smashed the side, or, maybe something bigger and more alive.

"What happened here?" Kenji asked as they walked through the wreckage.

"Uh, I'm thinking dinosaurs," Yaz said as the group stopped in front of the wrecked shop. She leaned on a chair, still unable to do much with her hurt ankle.