s. 5 ep. 5 Shaky Ground

WARNING

Anokwriter is gonna do an emotional rant that boils down to "thanks for 60k reads". Read at your own risk of being bored to death. Or just skip to the story. Your choice. Here there be dragons.

Hey, guys. Thanks for 60k reads on this story. Jesus Christ. We've basically passed almost every cc story on here that inspired me to try writing this shit. I always saw fanfiction as pretty cringe and stupid (and admittedly I kinda still do which is incredibly unhealthy seeing as I've dedicated a year to this but hidey ho the self-hate never stops) but all your support for this kinda lets me tell the story I wish they could've told with this series. I'm sure you notice that I'm not just inserting a character into the story just cus I think I could do a better job than a professional writing team. I actually want to tell a story with this with support from a cast of characters with a lot of potential. The sluggish speed of this incredibly slow-burning story's not for everyone. I get that. But for those who've been here from the beginning, I'm sure that at least some of you see the dots I'm connecting throughout the chapters and always show up to read what happens next. Maybe I'm too creative for my own good and all this stuff I'm doing goes over people's heads but, I feel happy with how this story is gonna turn out. I completely surprise myself sometimes with what I remember from previous chapters that I call back in the new ones and how sometimes when I write perfectly into a genius idea that I never even planned on. I think I'm too creative for my own good. Random details just fly through my head constantly. I never thought I'd be ignoring a math class thinking about what I was gonna write when I got home. I'm pretty sure I have some sort of ADHD but whatever. Why the fuck am I rambling. What I'm trying to say is that despite all my deep seeded slow burn bull shi, a lot of you have stayed since day one. Even that nightmare I call season one. Jesus Christ, those early episodes are rough. Back when I was sitting on my couch actually watching the episodes on my TV instead of just doing it on my computer like a normal person. Is anyone who actually read the first couple of episodes when I first posted them still here? Just curious. Thank you all for sticking with me this long. It's sad thinking we'll be coming to an end soon. But all good things do I guess. Love you all. Eat some waffles. Tell your mom you love her.

The ground stopped shaking, leaving the island still. Or as still as an island can be with two loud, scared T. rexes being harassed by drones. I opened my eyes and found myself looking directly into Brookynn's. She was very close. We let go of the tree but still held onto each other a little as we steadied ourselves. Slowly we released each other. Not some quick and awkward separation like other times in the past either. This time we held each other's gaze. Neither of us were blushing but we studied each other's faces trying to gauge a reaction from one another. Neither of us found one, at least I didn't, so we turned to where the other's gazes had settled, on the rexes.

"The earthquake's over. Why are the dinosaurs still freaking out?" Sammy asked, worriedly.

"I don't know," Ben responded. "But They're gonna hurt themselves"

"It's those fucking drones," I said. "Go to the compound and shut them off."

"(y/n), if we do that this place will be like Nublar all over again, where we're never almost dying?" Yaz asked.

"Well, if you turn it off they'll be a lot less pissed," I said

"And if we leave them, that makes us a little too much like Kash or the Kons," Ben said.

"Mr. Kon." Brooklynn corrected.

"Is this really the time to argue this shit?" Yaz asked.

"I'm not arguing. It's a fact." She responded.