s. 4 ep. 10 Taking Control

POV: Brooklynn

"Awesome," Kenji said as the feeder lifted up into the snow. "Of course, we landed here."

I crossed my arms as the cold hit me. It chilled me to the bone. The Sino ran forward and began galloping through the snow. He'd probably never seen it before.

I looked over to Kenji who was shivering uncontrollably. "Want my jacket?" I offered.

"How chivalrous. I'm fine. You keep it." He replied

Looking ahead I saw the Sino rolling around in the snow. I chuckled through my own shivering. "Let's get out of here, fast."

"Yeah. After a quick snowball fight." Kenji said running forward.

I laughed and ran after him as he started tossing snow up and chasing the Sino around me.

Our Sino stopped at one point and just knocked Kenji over into the snow.

I laughed again.

"Hey! Did we name the little guy?" Kenji asked. "How about, 'Rebel'?"

I chuckled softly. "I like it. (y/n) won't but, hey, whatcha gonna do?"

Kenji chuckled and continued to pet Rebel's head as he snuggled up into him. "Who's the cutest, ugliest little thing?" He said. "Oh, Who's the cutest, ugliest little thing?"

"Come on, we gotta go." I laughed.

"But look at him, B. Those eyes are saying, 'Just five more minutes!'"

I laughed again, walked over, and stood above the two. "You know, you're gonna make a good dad," I said. Did I really just fucking say that? I asked myself.

Kenji smiled and looked up at me. "Thanks." He replied

I smiled back. "It's too cold, Kenji. Your lips are, like, actually turning blue."

Kenji poked his lips a few times, felt the chill, then shivered. "Yeah, I feel that."

"Come on," I said, taking the lead. "I hope the others are okay."

Kenji nodded then put his arm around me and pulled me a little closer. It was probably for warmth but my heart still sped up a little.

After walking for a little bit, an airlock came into view as we reached the peak of a small hill. We quickly hurried inside and instantly felt the warmer air envelop me. Speaking of being enveloped, I realized me and Kenji were still together and were gripping each other's hands, tight.

I looked up and saw he realized this too. "I guess, we don't really need to do this anymore," I said, awkwardly.

"Obviously, yeah-yeah. That was for warmth and now we're warm, so..." Kenji said, quickly releasing me. He cleared his throat. "...no need."

I smiled awkwardly and pushed some hair behind my ear. "Let's get Rebel back to Mae. She'll know what to do with him."

Rebel, at that moment, was banging on the airlock, trying to get back to the snow.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked.

"Chill out, little dude. You're being way too loud." Kenji said

We quickly pulled Rebel away from the door and began to walk down the hall. Just as we were about to turn the corner, the airlock made a hiss and opened. We turned to see... (y/n), shivering uncontrollably.

"I-I-I have b-been following your tack-ks in the snow... for 30 minutes!" He said, before dropping to his knees.

"Oh my god! You're alive!" I yelled, quickly running to him and giving him a hug.