ep. 8 End of the Line

Everything hurt. I was covered in scratches and cuts from the glass. I was being carried, my legs in the clutches of a Pteranodon. I looked up and saw the creature who carried me looking down at me. Our eyes met. I realized that this was the same Pteranodon I had fought earlier.

"Oh, you piece of shit," I said

The Pteranodon squawked at me.

"So, chicken wing, what are you gonna do to me?"

The Pteranodon didn't like that nickname so he dropped me. I landed hard on metal. I looked and saw I somehow landed on top of the monorail, still going full speed. I held on tight, not wanting to fall. The Pteranodon landed in front of me and stared me down. I got on my knees ready to fight again and I didn't have to wait long. Chicken Wing came running at me with his beak open. I grabbed the beak and forced it closed then pinned him to the metal roof of the monorail. I transferred to his back and put him in a chokehold. He struggled hard, almost making me fall a few times until he began to pass out from lack of air. I let him go and pushed him off the side of the monorail. He caught the wind as he fell and flapped to gain altitude but I was long gone. I just lay on top of the monorail for a second, slowing my breathing and heart rate.

I noticed something in the corner of my eye, a Pteranodon carrying away Ben. "What the fuck? Ben! Ben!" I yelled

"(y/n)! Help me!" He called. The Pteranodons were fighting over him so much that they dropped him.

"No! Ben!" I shouted as he disappeared through the trees.

I realized I had to move. I slowly crawled to the emergency hatch and slid in headfirst. I limped my way to the front car where I heard Darius yelling, "We're not going to the south docks, we're going away from them! Doesn't anything here Work?" I opened the door and he said, "We gotta get off this monorail now!"

"Well we could jump out the windows like a bunch of lunatics, but I wouldn't recommend it," I said, announcing my presence.

"Oh my god, you're alive!" Brooklynn yelled and slammed into me with a hug. "How?"

"Pteranodon dropped me on the roof. Don't worry about it. What the fuck happened to Ben?"

"I-I couldn't hold o-on to him any..." Darius trailed off.

"It's ok, Darius." I said, "It's not your fault. Let's focus on getting off this thing."

Brooklynn let me go and turned back to Darius. I thought I caught a blush on her face. Man, I must've hit my head again when Chicken Wing dropped me. I then sensed a pair of eyes burning into the back of my head but when I turned around I only saw Yaz looking out the window. I think I'm losing my mind.

"Oh my god! (y/n) your leg!" Sammy cried.

I looked down and saw a large shard of glass sticking out of my thigh.

"Oh... shit," I said, my legs turning to jelly and I slumped into a chair.

Brooklynn, Yaz, and Sammy came to my side, looking at the wound.

"I'm fine. I'll walk it off." I said.

"I'm gonna pull it out, ok?" Brooklynn said, after inspecting the injury.

"Don't cut yourself," I replied

"Ready three, two, one." She pulled it out

"Ahh! Fuck!" I shouted and slammed my fist into the seat.

"Sammy, Yaz, see if you can stop the bleeding. I'm gonna help Darius with a plan." She said and walked off.

I Removed my hoodie for a moment, ripped off both of my T-shirt's sleeves, and said, "Use these."