s. 4 ep. 9 Dino-Sitting

"Raptors are out," I whispered, seeing the two reptiles sleeping peacefully in the compound courtyard.

"Let's move," Brooklyn said, gesturing for us to follow.

Quietly, we snuck over near the compound's entrance when suddenly Kenji gasped behind us.

Me and Brooklynn whirled to see... a rope. I looked up and peeking over the edge was Darius. I quickly looked over at the raptors, confirmed they were still asleep, then glared at Kenji.

"Sorry." He mouthed as one of the raptors yawned.

I looked up at D again.

"Ready." He whispered, giving a thumbs up.

Kenji grabbed the rope and began to climb, hugging the rope with his knees and pulling up with his hands.

Ben was next, followed quickly by Sammy and Yaz.

I watched the raptors closely, analyzing their every move. If they woke up, we were probably dead. I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"You coming?" Brooklynn asked in a whisper.

"Yep," I replied. "I'll be right behind you."

She nodded and began to climb, slowly. Brooklynn was probably the least athletic out of everyone and her hands probably still stung from the elevator cable, so she seemed to struggle at getting a good grip on the rope.

After she got about ten feet off the ground I began my climb. I was pulling myself up at a good pace when suddenly I saw Brooklynn lose her grip. She slid down the rope with a yell and no control of her body. It happened so fast that I barely had time to react. Bracing myself I was able to stop her fall as she landed on my shoulders.

Her breathing was frantic and terrified. "Sorry. Sorry." She whispered in fear.

I looked over to check on the raptors but couldn't see past Brooklynn's leg.

"Move. Move." I whispered, trying to push her leg away.

"I'll fall." She replied.

"Just hold on to the ro-"

A snarl cut me off. Two snarls actually.

I looked up at her.

She looked down at me.

"Just climb!" I shouted.

She struggled and frantically tried to get herself up the rope as the two raptors charged. Just as the two were about to snap my legs off I felt a tug on the rope and was quickly lifted out of their reach and over the railing to the safety of the rooftop golf green.

"Ow." Me, Brooklynn, and Darius, who had helped us over the edge, groaned, laying in a heap.

I rolled out of the pile and sat up.

"BRAD, stop," Darius said.

The BRAD-X stopped.

Darius had tied the end of the rope around the BRAD's middle to ensure it was secure. Not a bad plan honestly.

"Good thing you two were able to get me voice command for BRAD here," Darius said.

"Yeah. Real good thing." Brooklynn said, looking away from him, distractedly.

Kenji walked over.

Ah, fuck. I thought.

"Had to keep it interesting, huh, superstar?" Kenji asked, holding out a hand to pull her up.