s. 4 ep. 7 Staying Alive

POV: (y/n)

We crouched in the bushes just outside of the compound's courtyard, watching as Pierce and Big Eatie were forced to fight. It looked Brutal. I felt a deep seeded hatred boil up inside me for the sick bastard who found pleasure in this sorta thing. I knew what my feelings were about helping the dinos over ourselves but this was too far for me.

"How could we let this happen?" Yaz asked

"We didn't 'let' anything happen. We're just bystanders who got caught in the crossfire." I replied

Pierce tried to break the drone's invisible barrier by throwing his full weight against it, only to be met with a heavy shock.

I heard leaves crunching behind us and I whirled, only to see that it was Kenji and Brooklynn.

"Relax. It's us." Brooklynn said

"My bad," I said with an empty tone before turning back to the fight

"What's going on? Why isn't Darius stopping this?" Sammy asked

"There were a bunch of BRADs. We had to take cover." Kenji said, eyes widening.

Brooklynn caught on. "We lost sight of Kash! Damn it!" She exclaimed, putting her head in her hands.

"So, best case: Darius found the phone and is focusing on a call right now," I said. "Worst case..."

"Kash could be in there with Darius right now," Sammy said, panic filling her voice.

An eerie silence fell over us, only interrupted by the roars and cries of Big E. and Pierce beating the crap out of each other.

"What can we do?" Sammy asked. "Big Eatie and Pierce are gonna kill each other."

Everyone looked around for ideas and before I knew it, all eyes had fallen on me and Brooklynn on my right.

Me and Brooklynn looked at each other. For just a second I was lost in her blue-green eyes before shaking it off and looking back up at the fight... and the drones.

"Drones." Me and Brooklynn said at the same time.

Our eyes met again.

"You take it," I said

She nodded slightly and cleared her throat. "The drones are forcing them together. Split up. We need to knock 'em out of the sky so Pierce can get away."

"Sammy, with me," I said jogging into the trees.

"Got it!" She replied.

"We need rocks," I said

"Ok." She said, before helping me pile some up. "Is that enough?"

"Yeah should be..." I said before something in a tree caught my eye. Something pink.

Brooklynn, with Kenji, had climbed into a tree and was now trying to whack a drone with a stick. She flailed at the flying robot before losing her balance and sliding off the branch.

"No, no, no! Brooklynn!" I exclaimed before Kenji grabbed her arm and pulled her back into the tree. I let out a sigh.

"(y/n)! Focus!" Sammy said.

"Shit. Sorry." I replied, grabbing the rocks and carrying them toward the edge of the courtyard. Still, I peeked over at Brooklynn every few seconds. They were climbing higher and my anxiety was getting to me.

"You seem distracted," Sammy said

"Yeah, I know. Sorry." I replied

"You know-"