s. 3 ep. 5 Eye of the Storm

POV: Brooklynn

"We gotta warn the others. They're still out there and (y/n)... (y/n) still isn't 100%. W-We gotta go find them." I said

Sammy nodded and we quickly ran out the door. We headed for the Gyrosphere but before we could crawl in, the ground began to shake and an assortment of herbivores charged out of the jungle towards us. Screaming, we took off and ran within the herd, dodging and weaving around flailing dinosaur limbs until we found a rock and dove behind it. We looked to the left and saw our gyrosphere being pin-balled around and off into the jungle, never to be seen again.

"Shit." Me and Sammy whispered

I looked up and saw a Brachiosaurus stumbling and crashing to the ground. In the back of my mind, my thoughts flew to the Scorpius and the fact they needed an antivenom when it attacked Dr. Wu. "Come on." I said to Sammy, fearing that the Scorpius was closer than we thought. I started to run back towards the boat but saw Sammy wasn't following. Instead, she was on the ground hugging her knees. "Sammy," I whispered.

She didn't respond.

"Sammy, come on!" I shouted. Looking up, I saw a Sino charging. It clipped the rock and fell over on its side. I stumbled back to Sammy and gave her my hand. I pulled her up and we began to sprint back towards the camp where, hopefully, the others would be packing stuff for the trip.

MEANWHILE

POV: (Y/N)

"I still can't believe you threw a fucking quarter at her," I said grumpily as me and Kenji climbed the ladder.

"Well, I'm sorry. It worked with the Compies didn't it?" He replied.

"Does a Velociraptor look like a Compie to you? Whatever. When can we get off this god-forsaken island?"

"About 12 hours until the patch on the boat is shipshape, but it seemed totes dry to me." He replied, reaching the top.

We had just taken some bags of supplies to the ship and were coming back to get more. "Stop saying totes or we'll throw you in the river. Right, Darius?" I said

We looked towards Darius who was sadly looking at a picture in his hands. I raised an eyebrow at Kenji.

He shrugged.

"Hey, D," I said,

He looked up.

"What's wrong, man?" Kenji asked.

"Oh, nothing." He said, "I always meant to check out a Gallimimus for my..." He stopped as if he was gonna say something but changed his mind, "book, but I never got around to it."

"Go now. Brooklynn and Sammy are off investigating a mystery, Yaz is on a run, and Ben's probably somewhere being weird." Kenji said

"I second Ben's weirdness," I said.

"Nah. I gotta get supplies collected for the trip to Costa Rica." Darius replied.

"We'll do it for you." I Kenji said.

"You?" Darius asked.

"Really?" I asked, surprised at his willingness to do work.

"I mean, there is a lot to do, and-" Darius started.

"Like I always say," Kenji interrupted, "'The more to do, the more I got this'"

"You have literally never said that once," I said

"Yeah..." Darius agreed, "But if you're sure..."

"Dude, positive! Go find your Galileo." He said

"Gallimimus." I corrected, rubbing my face.