✿ 39.

waaaaaaah next chapter is the last chapter whos excited

also if i see one comment ab how embarrassing this is i'm deleting the book altogether cuz y'all piss me off with the comments on another chapter 😐

✰ ✰ ✰

"that was a nice play, doll face" shidou said from beside you and you smiled up at him, trying your best to hide the pain you were feeling while you tried your best to stretch the arch of your foot. "didn't think you'd be able to make it past me, y'know.. we were all pretty shocked when you kicked the ball out of bounds"

you hummed your reply and took a shaky breath, trying to focus more on stretching out the pain in your foot than shidou trying to intimidate you. "think you should work out keeping your guard up," a mocking smile was sent his way, which he didn't quite seem to appreciate. "kinda surprised that someone else didn't do it considering how open you were"

shidou smiled down at you with a glare and leaned down, but still towering over you. "i'll be sure to keep that in mind. thanks, doll" he said before grabbing onto your jaw and pressing a rough kiss to the corner of your mouth before stomping away, muttering all kinds of complaints.

"what the hell did that bastard say to you?" rin's voice made you jump slightly and you quickly shook your head. "he was just pissed that i got the ball away from him.. nothing too crazy"

rin stood still for a few seconds while you pressed the tip of your cleat into the turf before he reached up to roughly wipe at the spot shidou kissed. "it was a good play," he sighed, most likely annoyed. "keep close to me but make sure you dont get in my way"

"yes sir" you grinned and walked passed him to get into place for the throw in.

it didn't take long until rin had possession of the ball while you ran on the opposite side of the field, effortlessly keeping up with his pace. the two of you had used this trick many times during the match but still, no one had been able to keep up with your movements yet. it was like you were able to understand what needed you to do despite not being able to clearly communicate with each other as he kicked it across the field in your direction. all you needed to do was move quicker, beat whoever else was running towards rin's pass that was only meant for you.

with the ball in your safely kept with you, you made sure your movements were more precise, turning passed whoever made advancements towards you and moving so swiftly that it left them confused when you weren't in their line of sight anymore.

"y/n!" rin's call of your name made your head snap up in his direction, not even missing a beat before you sent it sailing back towards him. he mustve noticed the player that was advancing in your blind spot, the bigger guy slamming into your shoulder immediately after you made the pass to rin.

you felt the wind get knocked out of you from the sudden hit, but you continued running, quickly having to turn and run in the opposite direction when you saw that rin got the ball stolen from him. while coughing and trying your best to get air back into your lungs with your desperate gasps, rin ran up on your right side, glancing back and forth between the ball and your struggling figure.

"im fine!" you forced out through a gasp and pushed on his shoulder towards the right before running to your left. "just get the damn ball back since you wanted to lose it like some kind of idiot!" and without waiting for a response, you ran as fast as you could go, moving passed the players that ran behind aiku, who was in possession of the ball.

your mind felt like it was racing as everything around you seemed to speed up. you weren't even entirely sure if you knew what you were doing, feeling like your movements weren't your own when you ran right passed aiku, turning around quickly in front of him and stealing the ball before you were already swiftly running down the field while everyone was still stuck on aiku previously having ownership of the ball. it felt like forever for the others to notice you had the ball and was making a beeline towards the goal, feeling like minutes had passed before there were yells to run after you and get the ball back.

even when you were running, you still hadn't had the chance to have a real breath of air, only choked gasps that made your chest ache and your mind hazy. the sight of the goalie and the players on defense was a clear sight in front of you, feeling like they were beginning to move slower than you were moving while you listened to the commotion behind you. everything felt just right and there was no doubt that in the next few seconds you'd be making a goal.

this wasn't like the times before when you'd feel like you'd make a goal, only to embarrass yourself when your plans went to shit. all of it felt like it was planned especially for you; almost like you were meant to make this goal for your team. your final goal.

running to your left, you kept your eyes on the defense while you gently kicked the ball up and towards the right. the pass to yourself was perfect as you quickly ran towards the ball, making your motion to kick it perfectly into the goal.

and even when the ball shot into the net, not even giving the goalie time to react to your kick, you still hadn't taken the breath that you needed. all of your senses began to come back to you, making you feel the intense ache in your entire body and the burning in your lungs paired with the headache that was making you dizzy. god, you seriously did not need to pass out right now. you'd probably kill yourself out of embarrassment if that had happened to you a second time, this time in front of more people.

instead, you forced yourself to keep your eyes open, grasping tightly onto the forearm of whoever was holding you up. you werent quite sure of who it was, only knowing that they held you tightly against their chest as the others stood in front of you, holding onto your chin and saying things you couldn't understand.

"breathe, sweetheart. please just take a deep breath.." isagi's gentle voice infiltrated your ears and you realized that he was the one that was behind you, holding you tightly and muttering gently and soothing words into your ear. "just breathe for me, baby. you can do it, sweetheart"

his words were the only thing you processed as you were finally able to take a deep breath, choking in the process, but finally getting some air into your lungs. you coughed violently and completely collapsed against isagi's chest, forcing out noises of pain as you were still struggling to breathe properly.

"fucking hell" you heard karasu's shaky laughter and you could feel yourself smiling softly before groaning from the pain you felt. "fuck.." you laughed in between coughs and leaned closer into isagi's hold.

you felt someone pat your head and you hummed softly in content with how gentle everyone was being towards you after such intense feelings. "you push yourself way too hard, y/n" you listened to yukimiya's gentle tone and you huffed with a small nod, feeling like you weren't completely able to talk yet.

"you're getting a break though, so you can just rest now" bachira said gently and you felt his sweet kiss pressed against your cheek. you whined softly and breathed shakily, feeling yourself beginning to tear up. "okay.. i just- okay.." you gave up, wincing and letting out a soft cry when you were pulled into someone else's arms.

the person was warm and you kept your eyes closed as he carried you. he pressed his face gently into your hair and you felt how he slightly kissed your head before speaking. "you're such an idiot"

rin's tone was soft despite him meaning for it to sound mean. a part of him hoped that it would hurt your feelings but he knew that it didnt when you smiled softly and pressed your face closer into his chest.

you groaned softly when he set you down on the chair you sat on earlier, wincing once more when he gave your shoulder a light squeeze. "just stay here and watch me win this.." rin spoke and you slightly opened your eyes at the feeling of his breath against your face. "okay.." you barely spoke before you felt his lips graze yours. it was so light that you were sure that you'd be able to convince yourself it wasn't real if he didn't give you a gentle smile afterwards. as rin ran back onto the field, you whined once more, covering your eyes with your arm and slouching back in the chair as you finally let yourself cry.

"i just wanted to keep playing.." you cried softly and anri patted your head with a gentle smile. "you've done more than enough for the team, y/n. now just watch them win this for you"

✰ ✰ ✰