✿ 3.

it'll get less boring soon i promise 🙏🙏
also sorry if the terms r wrong LOL i'm not exactly interested in soccer or it's terms 😰

✰ ✰ ✰

"let the first selection begin." ego jinpachi said, making you want to die.

"i'll be the forward," every male in the room said simultaneously. they all looked around at each other and you almost scoffed when they all began to argue.

you looked around at the other players, realizing that the highest ranked in team z were all broad and muscular. it was no wonder they were ranked higher with their strength. as they continued arguing, you began mentally assigning positions based on their appearances.

of course, you would be the center forward. you wouldn't be too fond of taking any other position you weren't completely familiar with. even if you were ranked the worst at 275, you still wanted the best position. and why wouldn't you want practice as the striker?

273 should be goalkeeper with his long limbs and height. you remembered him saying he was 6 foot 4, meaning he was a giant. 265 would be the right outside back, alongside 274 as the left outside back. 270 and 272 should be the center backs with 271 as the center midfielder and 268 as the attacking center midfielder.

267 should be the defensive center midfielder, and finally, 269 and 266 should be the left and right wingers.

as you assigned your own personal rules, they had surprisingly done it themselves in a somewhat calmly manner. the positions were all different from what you had originally thought, and it was obvious that it was chosen by who had the highest ranks. with that logic, they had easily placed you as the goalkeeper, which was totally irrational and stupid.

you watched a few of the guys send you cocky looks, making you want to smack it off of their faces. it wasn't even worth discussing with them as they left you out of their conversation.

how rude, you thought as you allowed yourself to relax against the wall with your arms crossed. you could feel your eyebrows pinching together with your obvious annoyance. you had just wanted to get this match over with already and win.

half of your wish came true as your team walked to the field to await team x. and when they finally came, you weren't scared at all for the match. you had faced teams much bigger and intimidating than team x, and yet women's teams were overlooked.

you immediately went to the goal and assumed your position. you hoped that it wouldn't take long to win- or lose.

you had almost forgotten that team z - your team - was the worst of the worst. team x was just slightly better, but it was still a difference. and not only was your team the worst, but you were seemingly the worst player in the entirety of blue lock.

with that thought on your mind, everyone got into position and the game started. you slightly crouched and prepared yourself for when the ball would eventually come your way.

you had no previous experience as a goalkeeper and that was entirely evident as a player from team x ran in your direction towards the goal. you felt as your heartbeat sped up in anticipation. you didn't know what you were supposed to do as you stood waiting for the ball. usually you could predict the movement of players, but it was much more difficult with fear coursing through your veins rather than the usual shot of adrenaline. the fear made you feel heavy, latter to the adrenaline that always made you feel lighter.

you hardly had time to react as the team x player kicked the ball in your direction. you could already hear the degrading words of your teammates as you aimlessly reached for a ball that had already met the net of the goal.

even if you had a quicker reaction; no matter how high you jumped, you would have never reached the ball with how short your limbs were.

team x celebrated their goal with high fives and smacks on the back as team z mourned the goal with groans and yells towards you to react quicker, to jump higher, to do better.

their words made you gulp loudly in fear. you could feel the way your hands began to shake and your breathing became ragged. as the yells began to sound further away, you couldn't help but be brought back to your days of ballet. you were yelled at now just as you were while dancing - and you hated it.

you had no previous experience as a goalkeeper, meaning you prayed to every god that you'd somehow become a natural at it throughout the game.

✰ ✰ ✰

in the end, your team lost; 6-0. not only was it humiliating, but it also set the mood for how your teammates would treat you for the night. it seemed as though team x was way better than your team - maybe cause they were.

"how the fuck did you even manage to not block any of those shots?" number 273 said directly into your face. he was so close, you could feel his body heat from the game just minutes before.

the way his spit flew into your face made you cringe. it didn't even make sense as to why he was so pissed off towards you. he didn't make any goals and was never once close to making one.

"maybe cause i'm not a fucking goalkeeper? maybe i shouldn't have been put in that position??"

the male scoffed with an angry smile on his face. he looked around the locker room at the others, who shared similar looks. it seemed as though there was an understanding between the 10 boys that you just couldn't figure out - and they knew that.

number 268 stood from where he previously sat and stood beside 273, "maybe you shouldn't be in any position," he said pointedly, "maybe we should've just knocked your ass out in that stupid game of tag"

you rolled your eyes and began to gather your things. there was no reason to even be in the room with them anymore - especially with them pointing all their anger and frustration towards you, who lost just as much as they did.

"why do you even play football in the first place?" one of them scoffed as you were about to leave the room.

you so badly wanted to tell them a story that would justify your reasoning to play. a story like any of theirs, which maybe could've earned you some respect from them. earned you some kind of understanding with the others. but you knew if you told them, they'd only laugh, and it'd give an even more reason to leave you out. they wouldn't take you seriously if they knew you played because of a specific player. a specific player you've grown to adore and favor above any other football player.

"why does it even matter," you muttered almost pathetically, "you'll just see me even more as a girl than i already am - meaning you'll treat me far less than you already do, asshole"

with your reply lingering in the room, you made a swift retreat to your bed in hopes of sleeping off whatever hell you endured today.

✰ ✰ ✰