✿ 11.

✰ ✰ ✰

you stared at the wall for what seemed like eternity while waiting for everyone to finish up showering. somehow, you began to miss the nine days of intense training before second selection started, but only because of your free will to shower whenever you wanted.

and because there was no rin, aryu, and even bachira. once again, rin was an annoying pain in the ass no matter the situation. aryu was always rambling about something being stylish or something not being stylish, and you still had absolutely no idea what exactly he meant by that. not to mention the word lukewarm. who would decide on that as their little catch phrase.

and finally, bachira meguru. he was all right at first. he was insanely nice, and despite being separated from his team, who you later learned were his friends, he was a good sport about it. what caught you off guard was when he spoke to you and aryu about an inner monster.

after those two words left his mouth, you blinked slowly and looked at aryu to make sure he was hearing that too. upon seeing that aryu had no reaction, you assumed you were hearing things.

"my monster.." bachira began as if he was talking about some childhood friend. "he's taught me a lot about football and increased my ability at playing"

'that's schizophrenia!!!' you wanted to yell at him, but ultimately decided against it. until right now, you've been able to successfully avoid bachira and whatever insanity he's got going on inside of his head.

"you haven't showered yet?" bachira asked as he stood in front of you. "you're not the type that doesn't shower.. right?

you nearly laughed as you shook your head, "just not entirely comfortable with the idea of anyone going in there while i'm showering; so i wait"

bachira hummed softly as he nodded. it seemed as though he was thinking about your words before he smiled brightly.

"no one's in there now! i was the last one in, so you can shower now"

you watched as he walked over towards his bed with the towel still remaining on his head. despite it not being much, your heart felt warm at his words. usually, you'd have to walk back and forth to check if everyone was done and by the time no one else was in there, you were exhausted.

after nodding towards bachira, you quickly gathered your things and walked swiftly towards the showers. you just wanted to hurry and sleep before you got too tired.

the next day, you were too tired to move from your bed when the morning alarm sounded through the blue lock building. if rin hadn't called you an idiot straight to your face while telling you to get up and shower, you'd still be in bed. sleeping.

aryu swiftly caught you by your hair before your face slammed into your tray of food as bachira stole the seat in front of you. you deliriously looked up and smiled lazily at bachira, who, of course returned it. 

"no one wants to match up against us," aryu said dramatically, "how utterly boring all of those under ranked are." he sat down on the chair beside you and slowly began picking at your food. "they're just scared of losing and allowing us another stylish win"

"stylish.." you muttered as you slapped aryu's hand away from your tray of fruit from anri. since second selection began, she had been gifting you with all kinds of things that none of the others got and you couldn't be more grateful, "the word is kinda growing on me, aryu." you said with a tired smile, "anyway, we'll get a match soon"

bachira hummed with a smile etched on his face with his cheeks full of food. "we just gotta wait for isagi!"

you tilted your head slightly to the side and squinted with a smile. "you're pretty fond of that guy, aren't you?" with how close bachira had seemed with the isagi guy, you were beginning to wonder if they had known each other before blue lock, it wasn't super uncommon, which you had found out after bachira told you about the super duo that were scouted together that he and isagi split up at the beginning of second selection.

"mhm! he's pretty cool.. makes football exciting when we're on the field together" silence surrounded the area you, bachira, and aryu secluded as bachira's words settled in your brain.

"we'll wait for this isagi yoichi, then." aryu muttered, "but, he better be prepared to lose a second time against us"

✰ ✰ ✰