✿ 4.

kinda enjoyed writing the last chapter so maybe it'll start getting good 🙏🙏

ur getting a backstory, yall 😍😍

✰ ✰ ✰

your head was pressed into the cold desk as you waited for your friends to finish their cleaning duties. the sounds of clothing moving against clothing as your friend mai wiped down the chalkboard, as well as the low mutter of your friend hajime while he watched a football match, flooded your ears.

the sudden slam of the trash bin against the tile of the classroom was enough for you to finally raise your head.

your eyes met with sato kaori as she pressed her hand to her hip.

"you two could help, y'know"

you hummed softly at her words, ready to yawn out loud, but ultimately opted to pressing the sleeve of your sweater to your mouth in order to avoid a scolding from the slightly older girl.

kaori was raised in a household where the whole 'treat those older than you with high respect' rule was a holy and respected rule. though she was only older than you and the others by a few months, she still pressed that rule into your friendship and expected you to follow it just as closely as she did.

you hummed yet again before standing up and stretching. your arms raised far above your head as you pointed your foot outward as you would during ballet practice. though you had quit a little over two year ago, you had never fully left ballet in the past.

beside you, hajime also stood, abandoning his phone on the cold surface of the desk before helping mai wipe down the surface of the chalkboard she wasn't able to reach.

your eyes met kaori's once again before smiling softly, "and how would you like me to help?"

kaori stood still in her spot, her hand slowly falling from her hip to drop at her side. her eyes casted downwards and you could see a faint blush cover the apples of her cheeks. you assumed she was staring at extra skin of your leg showing from your skirt riding up.

you laughed softly to yourself before pulling your skirt slightly lower and your long socks slightly higher.

you walked in kaori's direction towards the cleaning supplies. you didn't necessarily mean to make her nervous, but the way she gulped and began to fidget with the hem of her skirt so noticeably almost made you wish it was intentional.

kaori let out a shaky breath as you paused nearly directly in front of her. you chuckled softly at her reaction before grabbing the cleaning spray and a rag to wipe down the windows.

you knew that she would scold you for your actions while you walked her home, but you couldn't bring yourself to care. you didn't care because all you had to do to stop her rambling was to pick one of the growing flowers from the spring air, and place it delicately in her hair. the simple gesture would effectively shut her up, which you were grateful for.

"you finally gonna join the football club this year?" mai suddenly asked hajime. you looked over your shoulder to see the two of them flirting with their eyes, making you roll yours.

the obvious affection they shared with each other made you want to throw up your lunch every time you saw it. the way they tried their best to hide it - but failing each and every time - made you laugh, but you enjoyed watching the love they shared for each other and how it grew over the years.

hajime let out a loud sigh before wrapping his arms around mai's smaller body, "dunno, haven't decided yet. think i'm more of a watcher than a player"

"liar," kaori said, surprising you and the two lovebirds in the room, "i'm sorry!" she immediately said afterwards as she realized what she said.