✿ 5.

think this is the last chapter of the backstory LOL
i'm not that good at writing stuff based on nothing so sorry if this sucks 💔💔💔
also the ooc's mentioned will literally never be in the story again LOL maybe it'll change but it's highly unlikely. they're just for the plot ig 😕

✰ ✰ ✰

as soon as you sat down at your desk, mai and hajime were pouncing on you. they were always somehow super excited in the early mornings of weekdays. you never understood how they could be that excited to go to school.

"haji is joining the football club!" mai said excitedly.

"mai is joining the photography club!" hajime grinned.

you looked between the two and sighed, offering a lopsided grin and a thumbs up before allowing your head to fall harshly against the cool surface of the desk.

"oh! oh! show y/n the video!" mai suddenly exclaimed and you turned your head to the side to watch as hajime pulled out his phone and tapped until he settled on the video.

your eyes lazily scanned the screen as hajime showed a random video of a football game. you hummed softly, ready to space off and pretend you watched the whole thing until one of the players scored with the assist of-

"itoshi sae, who once again is proving his talent!"

you propped your head against your hand and watched as the video zoomed in on the celebrating team, including itoshi sae.

you immediately noticed his blank expression despite his team scoring. his bright green eyes also held no emotion as he avoided celebrating with the rest of his team.

"itoshi sae.." you muttered and hajime beamed at your sudden interest.

"yeah! he's a mid fielder and he's a total prodigy. he travelled from here to spain just a few years ago but he's already gained a ton of attention-" hajime explained but all you were focused on was the paused screen showing itoshi.

"i'm surprised you're even interested, y/n," hajime laughed, "the only sport you ever showed interest in was ballet"

"and figure skating!" mai swiftly cut in and you felt your cheeks burn at your lengthy failed attempt at skating on ice.

you shot a glare towards mai before looking back at the screen. you scanned the pixel appearance of itoshi. his pale skin, red hair, green eyes, and the way his jersey seemed to slide slightly off of his figure as if he had lost weight since the first time he tried on the once fitted jersey. his complexion had you near mesmerized before your teacher came in and dropped his things on his desk.

hajime sent you an apologetic look before turning his phone off and guiding himself and mai back to their desks. you sighed softly and glanced outside at the field where your school's football club practiced. the club team wasn't the best, but they did practice hard, which was recognized by the school as it was the most popular sport amongst all the students. you wondered about the girls team, not having heard anything about it. you wondered if hajime knew anything about the team, deciding to ask after class.

"haji.." you whispered as he and mai came back from getting the three of you drinks at the vending machine.

"lonely without kaori?" mai teased and you rolled your eyes to fight the blush creeping up on your face.

"wanted to ask about the girls football club," you said while looking towards the field again, where a group of boys played during their lunchtime. "never hear anything about it"

hajime cleared his throat and looked up at the ceiling before responding, "cause there isn't one"

you shot a questioning look his way - despite him not being able to see - and he continued.

"was never enough girls to form a club, so there isn't one," hajime explained, "there's hardly enough to go around for a boys club, and you know how little the girls at this school are interested in sports"

you hummed softly and slumped back in your chair. you remembered the football player hajime showed you before, already forgetting his name. you remembered how he looked and his assist with the goal, which you found interest in.

"that video.." you muttered, refusing to make eye contact with an awaiting hajime, "who was that guy again? the one with the red hair-"

"itoshi sae" hajime cut off with a grin, "mai said that you'd like him" he teased and you rolled your eyes.

you shot a look towards mai, who sent a knowing look, "just because i'm a girl interested in an attractive male doesn't mean i like him," you rolled your eyes, knowing damn well you were only interested because he was hot, "maybe i've a newfound liking towards football"

"yeah, ok," hajime laughed, "i know when you think someone's attractive and you had that look as soon as itoshi popped up on the screen"

you pouted softly before grinning at your idea, "fine. believe what you want to believe, but i'm gonna form the girls football club and we're gonna be even better than the boys" you said in a cocky tone.

hajime stated for a second before laughing softly. "do what you want. i'll support your club if you truly go through with it," he said and your once harsh gaze softened at his words, "can even teach you the positions and rules of the sport if you'd like. i know you don't know anything about it"

you hummed with a nod and you and hajime - both feeling embarrassed by his sudden niceness towards you - decided to drop the topic and continue eating your lunch with small talk.

✰ ✰ ✰