✿ 36.

i'm getting bored of this fic 🙁 like i have an idea on what i'm writing and ik how i wanna end it but like writing it feels like a chore so i might just rush it. sorry 🙁🙁

also i read the CRAZIEST quanxi smut from csm and like yeah that's it but oh my god

ALSO i'm realizing how long this shit is,, like i need to wrap this up already

✰ ✰ ✰

as you sat on the sidelines of the field, you were quickly growing irritated. it was insanely aggravating that the losers of japan didn't want to see you play, despite your talent for football. it was hell watching the others play in front of your eyes when you were more than capable to play alongside them.

"he's getting distracted," ego said from the side of you and you watched anri look over at the same time you did. "youre talking about rin..?" your eyes wandered back to the field as anri spoke, watching the small missteps and mistakes he made whenever he was close enough to his brother. if anything, saying rin was 'distracted' was an understatement.

with your constant training sessions with rin - and only rin - you quickly noticed how self critical he is. if you had to guess, rin was likely internally cursing at himself more than ego was on the sidelines. the match seemed like it had barely started and rin was already a wreck, which was something he was afraid of. it was only something you knew, courtesy of rin becoming extremely drowsy as soon as the clock hit 12 to start a new day. it was always funny to hear him freely talk about whatever was on him mind completely unfiltered and knowing that he wouldnt remember it in the morning. it was how you got to know him better, which you were more than enthusiastic about.

before your mind could wander any more into your new found knowledge about rin, you felt a nudge against your foot. you immediately looked towards anri, only to be met by ego's serious and intimidating gaze. "he's cracking so you're gonna go out there and fix him, understand?" ego spoke in his monotonous voice and you immediately nodded before giving yourself time to process his words.

his gaze fell back on the field by the time you realized what he said and your eyebrows furrowed. "how will i do that exactly? rin doesn't need me to help him focus. he just needs to get his own shit together"

without missing a beat, ego sighed heavily before speaking as if he knew you'd say something like that. "it's no secret that you and him spent plenty of time together-"

"dont make it sound weird.."

"you're making it weird by assuming and then blushing by your own delusional assumptions" his deadpanned expression immediately wiped the blush from your cheeks and you looked at the ground, feeling embarrassed. another sigh from ego sounded in your ears and you wondered if he even liked his job. "itoshi rin never took the time to get to know anyone else's play style like he did with you. out of everyone, the two of you have the most natural dynamic.. could even say that he trusts you

"so youre going to go out there and give him the stability he lost while getting distracted like some mediocre child"

your eyes met ego's once more and you nodded, trying to fight off the blush you could feel creeping up on your face. without another word, ego looked back at the field, waiting for the perfect time to sub you in.

it didn't take very long for ego to get that opening, immediately sending you in to fix the problem.

walking onto the field felt embarrassing to you for some reason. you immediately blamed ego for telling you that everyone would be watching, praying that you'd make a mistake. his words didn't scare you very much, having laughed it off after he said it but now you could feel yourself beginning to shake upon remembering his words.

god you were beginning to hate that man.

"youre being subbed in already" the voice from behind you made you jolt in surprise and you immediately turned to glare at rin. his tone seemed like he was annoyed, but you knew that he wasnt. "just dont get distracted.. i know how you get"

with a mean glare, rin stalked off towards his set spot on the field. you almost wanted to laugh at his words, wanting to tell him that you were only sent in to fix him and his distracted mind, but you decided you'd do better without rin scoffing and calling you 'lukewarm'.

looking out at the rest of the field, you saw the other itoshi. at the sight of him, your palms grew sweaty. it was actually him. you were on the same field as itoshi sae. immediately, you realized you had two reasons for being put on the field.

you had to fix rin and make his brother fall hopelessly in love with you. maybe win the match could be on there, but the other two seemed more important.

the more you looked at him, the more you realized how much more attractive he was in person. you could die on this day and you'd feel content because you finally got to see itoshi sae in person.

pushing all that away, you decided to focus on the younger itoshi as you ran up the field with the others. it was obvious that everyone was into the game based on how you ran around almost aimlessly. you weren't even entirely sure who had the ball until you barely caught a glimpse of it.

you didn't know how long sae had it in his possession, but once you swiftly ran up on his blind spot and used the tip of your cleat to bring the ball into your hold, it'd be in rin's possession with the quick and direct pass towards him.

and even though rin had another player blocking a clean shot of the goal, you had no doubt that he would score, meaning you felt no shock before running his way excitedly after he scored the second goal for blue lock's team.

✰ ✰ ✰