✿ 7.

btw i made the gayest tension with the bestie a few chapters ago but like they don't go anywhere LOL and there's a reason and maybe i'll like touch up on that but idk
y'all will get with someone in this story but like someone from blue lock and it's a lil secret for now but he's my fav and i lobe him sm 🥹🥹

hope y'all can tell how much i love yukimiya LOL

literally i was almost done with this chapter and it all got deleted i'm gonna end my life LOL (jk)

✰ ✰ ✰

"we only have one game left," kaito said as he stood above everyone else, "if we win, then all of us advance to whatever's next.. but if we don't, then there's a possibility that only y/n will advanced with how many goals she's made"

you could practically feel the glares burning into your skull after kaito's announcement. after successfully changing your position to being a midfielder, you had managed to score majority of the goals for your team. your increase in goals also increased your rank from being the worst in blue lock to being the best ranked in team z.

with your heart racing in anticipation, you couldn't close your eyes to sleep - even if you were tired from training all day.

there was a fat chance you wouldn't advance in blue lock. you had watched clips of team v's matches and they were skilled. it seemed impossible for the people on that team to be one of the worst in all of blue lock. it made you scared of all of the higher ranks.

as you and your team stepped onto the field, you were met with team v already waiting there. they had looked scarily confident, which basically sealed team z's fate in your eyes.

you had only known one of them by name. number 231, - yukimiya kenyu - who was the best throughout teams z through v. his pixelated face was burned into your memory as kaito explained the top three players, with yukimiya being the best.

you remembered the way you stared at the screen, almost mesmerized by the model looking boy. the only other time this happened to you was with itoshi sae, who you still happen to adore just as you did the first time you saw him play football on your friends phone.

"truly, good luck!" a voice happily said, and you looked up to see yukimiya beaming at kaito. "we watched your clips and this game could really be anyone's win. so, good luck!"

he quickly looked your way to offer a warm smile before walking back to his teammates, who were already in their positions.

at the sight of his back, your cheeks burned from the smile he gave you. not only was he extremely attractive, but he was also extremely nice. he was extremely attractive.

pushing the thought of yukimiya to the back of your mind, you assumed he was only attractive in your eyes because of how you've been living in blue lock.

you were a hormone infested teenager surrounded by other hormone infested teenagers. the only thing worse than that was the fact that every other person you've seen so far was not in the slighted bit attractive. maybe kiyora jin from team w was attractive, but once again, it was likely your hormones.

after days of not seeing an attractive male, you were beginning to believe there weren't any at all in blue lock. even though you strictly remembered seeing a few when you were first invited and ego was explaining the whole project.

there wasn't a day that passed where you didn't remember the attractive purple hair and white haired duo, or the extremely pretty blue haired boy with the big pretty blue eyes.

the sound of the game starting forced your thoughts away as you watched a team v player running your way with the ball. adrenaline pumped through your veins, and once again, you were excited for the outcome of a game - your last game.

hiccups and sniffles sounded around the locker room as your team mourned your final loss. not only was it embarrassing to have lost by seven points - 16 points for team v and 9 points for team z - that dickhead yukimiya decided that it'd be best to come bearing a smile to offer a 'good job.'

it almost seemed insulting, but he probably didn't have any motives other than being friendly.

despite losing, you'd be staying in blue lock for being the top scorer amongst the losing teams.

in the end, teamwork was a hard concept for your team to understand with the pressure of giving up the dream of football. that being the reason why team v managed 16 goals. never was there a match where a team had scored that many times on your team.

common decency was also a hard concept for your team to get as you heard insult after insult while your team left the blue lock building for good. even your teammates you had believed to be okay were spitting insults your way with mean glares. it seemed as though they were all pissed that a girl had taken their dream away- even though it wasn't your fault.

as they walked out of blue lock, you began to hate the word 'bitch' as it came out of a man's mouth. not only did it feel way more insulting, but it also came with a feeling of absolute misogyny when you heard it from the opposite sex. it began to fill you with an unknown feeling, which felt awful.

as you stood with your back against the wall, kaito, who was the last to walk out, stood in front of you.

"it feels as though you've been misplaced." he laughed softly, and even more at your confused expression.

"you've proved to be far better than all of us- probably combined," he smiled softly with his eyes pointed towards the ground, "i hope you're placed in your rightful spot with whatever you endure next"

he placed a chaste kiss against your cheek and smiled once more, "truly, good luck.."

you laughed softly at him mocking yukimiya from the earlier match and slowly waved as he walked away with the others.

when you walked back to team z's room, you were filled with the emptiness from the room. despite the way you were treated, you slowly began to miss the feeling of being surrounded by the others.

while being alone with your thoughts, you explored everything you felt.

you felt bad for being the only one to move on in your team. you felt hungry after skipping dinner because of the nausea you felt earlier. you were feeling a terrible headache beginning at the front of your head. and you were feeling whatever you felt before after watching everyone leave.

it was dread that you felt earlier. dread and fear at the thought of potentially being placed with a new group of boys. you were beginning to grow used to the empty and belittling feeling after insults were spewed your way after any mistake you made - even mistakes you didn't make - and you were scared.

but maybe it would be better.

✰ ✰ ✰