✿ 37.

just read the picture perfect arc in tbhk.. 🙁🙁

thinking of like 2 or 3 more chapters for this and i have a feeling y'all r gonna have a little giggle over the ending 🤣🤣

waaaaah rushing this so hard sorry guys 💔

✰ ✰ ✰

"shit" rin breathed out shakily from beside you, making you look over at him. "close to giving up, itoshi? we just made it to half time" you teased, earning you a glare, which didn't intimidate you as much as it had before. it took a few seconds for rin to come up with something, likely because he was still getting used to newly the formed way of speaking to you if he felt like he was up to it. and it was always a shock when rin matched your energy, seemingly with ease, whenever you'd tease him.

rin scoffed, bringing his hand up to drop heavily on top of your head to force your gaze towards yours and rin's cleats, which were nearly touching with your close proximity within each other. "wouldn't you like to know, idiot. just keep playing by my side and figure it out for yourself"

a small laugh fell past your lips and you reached up to grasp onto his wrist and pull his hand off your head, slightly messing up your ponytail in the process. when you met his gaze again, rin could only stare at the strands of your hair that fell out of its hold and the small formed hair bump that ruined the neatness of the rest of your hair.

rin opened his mouth slightly to speak, but he lost what he was gonna say once he glanced down at your face, unintentionally meeting your confused gaze.

he wouldn't ever admit it, but he found your confused look adorable even though he had to resist the urge to call you stupid, knowing that your mood would falter just the slightest bit. instead, rin brought his hand up to the top of your head once more, quickly grasping onto your wrist with his other hand when you tried to stop him, and tried his best to smooth out the hair he messed up. 

while your cheeks burned, rin was oblivious to your reaction as he focused on fixing your hair. even after your hair looked fine, rin kept his hand on the top of your head, only pulling away quickly when there was a loud call of your name, followed by many more.

you wanted to curse at the person that ruined your moment with rin, but when you saw your friends in the stands, waving their arms around like they belonged in a mental institute, you quickly forgave them and waved back enthusiastically, jumping up and down in the process. you hadn't seen them in forever and seeing them now only reminded you of how much you missed them.

mai was the most enthusiastic, clinging onto hajime's forearm which forced him to move around with his girlfriend's movements. she was smiling brightly and screaming while his movements were a little less excited, but he was still calling your name and smiling. and then there was kaori. just the sight of her made your heart ache.

she stood there, waving with that shy smile she always had on her face. she wore that shirt you always said looked the best on her, matched with that pleated skirt you loved teasing her about. and her hair- she wore that hair clip you had gently put in her hair that one time you cleaned the blood off of her face. you bet she didnt even cover up the scar either, wearing it proudly to signify the love you once held for her.

god she looked beautiful, you thought.

before you could make any other movements two heavy hands came down on your shoulders, making you almost buckle under the impact. "didnt realize i was that rough with you, baby" karasu laughed softly from behind you and you looked back to glare, gladly allowing him to hold you up against his body.

"im so exhausted," you breathed out and leaned your head back against karasu's chest, "thought my body was giving up on me when that aiku bastard wouldn't leave me the fuck alone"

"you scored though, didnt you?" karasu smiled down at you, even if you weren't looking up at him. even if he knew that your gaze stayed fixated on rin, who had wandered off while you were busy watching the stands. "im so damn proud of you, angel" a gently kiss was pressed to the top of your head and you squirmed in his hold, laughing softly against your palm.

karasu's smile grew larger, especially when he saw some of the others watching the scene play out. "let's go then, hm?" you nodded at his words and sent a small wave to your friends before walking alongside karasu. "you're really good out there too, karasu"

he watched your small blush, having to resist the urge to laugh after remembering the time you said you cant compliment people because of how embarrassed you get. karasu wanted to tease you, see your flushed face and hear your whiny voice telling him to stop, but he didn't. not when he could see aryu quickly making his way towards you and feel the glare nagi was burning through the side of his head.

aryu's hands quickly found your shoulders and shook you roughly. "what do you think? you basically stared at him like some kind of creep" he gushed and you shushed him quickly, feeling the embarrassment from his words. "i never stared.. just looked for a few seconds"

"right.. tell that to the restraining order he'll place in a few days" aryu snorted and you smacked his shoulder repeatedly, whining out your complaints while he laughed loudly. "he's so hot though, i was totally staring" you laughed behind your palm and aryu was quick to join. "he was staring at your ass"

at aryu's words, you stopped laughing and looked at him like he was crazy. "shut the fuck up" you said with wide eyes. "im serious.. you didn't see me and niko pointing it out?"

"that's why you were pointing like some kind of freak?" you hissed, feeling your cheeks burn and aryu only laughed while pressing his cold water bottle to your reddened cheeks. "i think youre missing the point. itoshi sae was staring at your ass. not even exaggerating.. bro was staring so hard"

"i get it!" you smacked his arm harder this time, making him yelp and glare meanly at you. aryu studied your face, muttering insults towards you while he realized that you didn't really care about what sae was doing. not when you were on the field whining at rin's insults towards you or near drooling at the sight of him after a play while the older itoshi stared your way.

maybe aryu was right to think you were obsessed with the younger itoshi.

✰ ✰ ✰