✿ 22.

itoshi sae reveal 🤭🤭

completely rushed and lazy chapter. sorry guys 💔
read the next chapter for more bangers tho 😍😍

✰ ✰ ✰

next to aryu, you walked inside the joint room with your team. you could feel your chest growing heavy with anticipation to see who else passed second selection.

"i'm gonna need a gun if chigiri hyoma didn't make it" aryu whispered to you and you looked up at him with a nod. "we gotta air the place out, honestly. for his sake" you muttered before the both of you broke out into childish giggles, earning you a glare from rin.

another entrance opened up and the second team was revealed. immediately, your eyes found chigiri and you and aryu were quick to high five, which the both of you missed. aryu grimaced in embarrassment before quickly turning his attention away from you and back towards the second team.

nagi was there too. when his eyes suddenly met yours, you immediately felt nauseas, having to avert your eyes, only to see barou. you made a quick face of disgust before another entrance began to open.

there revealed a team of no familiar faces, except for one.

yukimiya kenyu.

the others you hadn't ever seen in your life, and based on the others reaction, they had never seen them either.

aryu was quick to smack your arm before grabbing onto your forearm tightly and shaking you like he was trying to kill you. "its him" aryu hissed and you tilted your head in confusion as you looked up at him. "the one with white and green hair- that's otoya"

your eyes glazed over the team until you saw the one at the far end, aryu's little boyfriend. you were quick to give aryu a look and he smacked your arm once more, immediately catching onto what you were saying. "you just gotta hear me out. please"

the next to came out and this time, they were completely unrecognizable. none of them could've even looked familiar to you.

the fifth team revealed a recognizable cyan haired boy. if you remembered correctly, his name was hiori. you remembered how you also devastatingly lost to his team.

"the fifth clear teams nishioka hajime is currently being treated for an injury sustained during the third selections worlds select battle" the tv announced and you clicked your tongue.

"sucks" you muttered quietly to yourself, but you knew that rin heard you based on the sidewards glance he sent your way.

at this point, you weren't even excited to see the rest of the bunch. you had seen everyone you were hoping to see and the reveals were becoming boring.

finally, it was time for the last reveal, and you sighed, already wanting to hear whatever ego had to say about the next part of blue lock. you didn't think you'd ever be so eager to hear his voice, but with your anticipation dying, you just wanted to go and rest again.

"buddha be praised!" a voice said while walking through the door and you sighed, finding that it was the most insufferable voice out of everyone you've encountered at blue lock.

as the last one from the team walked through the entryway, your jaw dropped before looking over at aryu. his face was as neutral as it could get as he glanced over at the last guy and you couldn't be anymore confused.

"the end" he said with a grin and you let out a quiet laugh, suddenly feeling a strong urge to start giggling and twirling your hair.

"there's no way kunigami would just let things end like this!" isagi yelled and the final guy walked up to him before speaking with a low tone. "ah, but things did end. i've sent him on his merry way to hell"

you and aryu shared a confused look, both mouthing 'who's kunigami?' to each other before shrugging as an answer.

"well, i'll give you that he was pretty well built, and he had a graceful heart that was upright pure and just." he continued, "however, once we're out on the field, i don't give a damn how good a person you are. if you're not living for the moment you everything explodes, then you're just trash and don't deserve to be even a footnote in my story.."

with your lips pressed tightly together, you regrettably stole a glance at aryu, who was looking at you and just as equally trying his best not to laugh at the situation. he quickly shook his head as you silently began to laugh before pressing his hand tightly against his face.

"how lukewarm" rin muttered with a roll of his eyes and somehow, it was suddenly the funniest thing ever as you quietly began to laugh, latching onto rins arm on instinct.

"piss off! what do you know about kunigami..!" isagi yelled, obviously irritated. "like i said," the other guy said, "i don't give a damn about whatever the hell your story is!" he said before jumping up and kicking at isagi.

your laughing was quickly cut off and your eyebrows furrowed with the blooming concern you felt. your grip on rins forearm tightened as you looked at isagi with chigiri behind him, who forced him to duck from the attack.

rins arm began to move from where you held it and your attention immediately went to him. with the way you looked up at him with curious eyes, rin felt his breath catch in his throat. he immediately forced your grip off of him before the screen on the wall turned on to reveal ego.

"following up in the third selection after the language studies.. umm.. well.. some things came up," ego said, "i'd originally planned on whittling down the group until only five of you remained, but there's been a change of plans

"it seems that the overlords of the japanese football world have made up their minds to stamp out blue lock as soon as possible. which is why i've fired back at them with a challenge: so, your next selection will be in three weeks. it'll be a match with the continued existence of blue lock at stake..

"japans national u-20 team versus blue locks select eleven member team," ego revealed, "if you win this game, blue lock will hijacker's the japanese national u-20 team"

you sent a confused look up towards rin, which he easily ignored after a quick glance your way.

"their goal is to terminate the blue lock project and to have a ton of money off the potential crowds whole be buzzing about a national rep match by defeating us and making laughing stocks out of us

"they will use us as an example of failed nurturing to sear into the history of japanese football..

"as for me, coming from a level headed and realistic standpoint, i say this with absolute certainty- the way you are now, you can overturn the world of japanese football"

you allowed for the words to settle in your mind as ego continued. if blue locks team lost, then everything you've done so far would have been for absolutely nothing.

"the current japanese national u-20 team will be adding one member to their roster.." ego continued, "itoshi sae i'd to make his first appearance in the squad"

an involuntary noise left your mouth before you quickly slapped your palm to your face. your eyes widened at the sight of the pixelated itoshi sae on the screen. as egos words once again settled in your mind, you realized that you'd finally see the real itoshi sae. he wouldnt just be a pixelated figure on a screen. he'd be right there.

"lets go, you unpolished gems. the ones to change this era will be blue lock."

✰ ✰ ✰