✿ 14.

so annoyed at how bad these chapters r LOL

notice how rin becomes a little more ooc as the chapters continue LOL

✰ ✰ ✰

"jeez rin, you sadist!" bachira grinned after contributing to rin's manipulative play.

you silently cursed at yourself after being completely taken over by barou while he kept a close guard on you. despite getting a pass from rin, you didn't do much with it as barou used his body to shield your own from the pass. and even if you successfully kicked the ball back towards rin - while he continued sprinting down the field - with your impressive flexibility, your throat still felt tight as rin walked straight in your direction.

rin completely towered over you as he grabbed a hold of your jersey with one of his hands. the other was pointed across the field as he began to yell at you. "what the hell is wrong with you? you cant even get passed that gorilla's simple block?"

similar to before the match started, your flight response immediately kicked in as you stood completely frozen. your lips slightly parted as quick and small breaths came from you, mentally begging yourself to say something in case rin got even more pissed off at your lack of response. your breathing slowly went back to normal when you knew you wouldn't have to say anything. you could see the adrenaline from the goal fading as rin's gaze grew a little softer than it normally was and the tight grip on the front of your jersey grew a little less tight.

"just-" rin paused as if his train of thought was completely thrown out of the window. his eyes slowly trailed down your cheek as his lips remained parted as if he was about to continue. "just.. make the next goal, you good for nothing forward"

"and quit-" rin began as he attempted to walk away from you but he stopped when he was slightly pulled back as you were pulled towards him. the two of you looked down in sync and your eyes fell on your hands that held onto the bottom of his jersey. you felt your face immediately grow warm as your eyes looked up to meet his, that were already on you. every neuron in your brain must have withered away as nothing in your brain told your hands to let go of his jersey. what did happen in your brain were the many curses sent towards 'action potential', which you learned in your basic human anatomy class. action potential is worthless and an absolute scam. 

your hands finally fell to your sides and you instinctively wiped the sweat from your hands away on your jersey. rin's mouth finally closed - as yours remained open - and he stepped back away from you- though it was more of a stumble. a 'tsk' sounded from rin as he turned his back and began to walk away from where you remained.

"what were you gonna say?" you called out to rin without thinking. he looked over his shoulder and you could easily make out the confusion etched on his face. "before.. you were saying something but-"

"and quit getting emotional on the field, you crybaby" rin cut you off. even though he insulted you, his voice was way less harsh and it didn't make you want to throw yourself off of the tokyo skytree. a small smile made an appearance on your face as you slowly trailed after him. though absolutely none of his words were encouraging, determination coursed through your veins as you thought about scoring the next goal.

the next play began as isagi began his descent down the field. you eagerly watched carefully for your turn as the ball was passed all over the place. and after red kicked the ball in the middle of your useful group of four, the ball was just seconds away from easily being in your possession.

you'd be sure to thank your speed for your future goal as you quickly made your way passed the players outside of your useful four and into the opening your useful four had made seemingly just for you. just as you prepared to pull back with the ball, you made direct eye contact with bachira. he looked as though he was surprised you were there. you immediately sent a confident smirk his way and you knew.

you had it. the next goal was yours.

your confidence immediately withered away and died as you felt an extremely sudden and heavy pressure on your shoulder. it felt as though you were shoved away from the ball but you knew that it was just barou's extreme body weight that your own body weight had no match against. you immediately went tumbling after you tripped over your own feet from barou's sudden interference and looked up just in time to see him easily score the goal he took away from you. your goal.

your jaw clenched so hard, you were convinced your teeth would break. no matter what, you absolutely had to overpower barou- embarrass him so bad, he'd want to give up football entirely.

from the corner of your eye, you could see bachira making his way towards you. it was only then you realized that you still laid flat on the turf. you were convinced that indents were forming on your stomach from how harsh it had felt on your forearms. you knew that if bachira tried to help you up and offer some encouraging words, you'd likely push him to the ground and scream profanities at him, so you pushed yourself up and made your way back to your position. you really didn't want to see a less than happy expression on bachira's face solely because of your torched up ego.

you could feel as your face grew a little less warm from your embarrassment. never have you felt this embarrassed in the span of your football playing days. maybe you would be the one that would get so embarrassed and give up football entirely.

the embarrassment left your face and found safe in your chest as it began to feel heavy. it was so bad, you refused to let your eyes wander from the green turf while you awaited the next play. you could practically feel the grin from barou as his eyes stayed fixated on your form. if this annoyingly cocky attitude of his continued, you'd have to kill him and anyone else who saw what he just did to you. maybe.

the next play began and bachira passed the ball sideways to rin, who ended up passing it back to bachira after red made an appearance. it seemed as though their positions changed as nagi - whose name you finally learned - ran basically side by side with you. your gaze met his face and you felt as your pace faltered ever so slightly. jeez, was he always this attractive?

an opening became clear as isagi and red - and barou.. - left bachira completely dumbfounded. barou ran up field with his stolen ball and you made an extremely sharp turn to catch up with him. nothing else formed in your brain as you unintentionally exhausted yourself in order to steal the ball away from barou and back for your team.

nagi was basically left in dust as barou came clearly into your view. you watched as an unknown look found its way onto his face as he saw you from the corner of your eye. you hoped and prayed that he felt fear from knowing that you were gonna steal the ball back from him. you could practically see the gears turning in his brain as he acted quickly with a chop feint, which you would have easily predicted if you hadn't gone so brain dead at the very sight of barou with the football and a possible goal you very much craved.

instead, rin predicted barou's feint and quickly ascended to surprise barou - and everyone else on the field - with his swift appearance and altering kick to barou's just seconds before. and with every neuron in your brain exploding every second you made a stupid decision, it wasn't until the ball was directly in your face that you grew painfully aware that you were in fact, in the way.

rin's forceful ass kick just barely missed your face as you forced yourself to fall backwards and catch yourself as if you were doing a backbend. the ball went out of bounds and you let out a breath you weren't aware you were holding in. your arms crumbled under your weight and you once again fell harshly against the turf. your vision blurred as you basically gasped for air despite your lungs feeling like they were set ablaze. you could feel the beginning of an ache forming in your calf from the sudden push to stand on your toes in order to successfully fall into a bridge. though you figured that a possible leg injury was far better than a broken face and the worst concussion of your life.

you pushed yourself to sit up and tried to remember anything you were doing wrong in the past plays. despite not finding anything you were doing wrong, you knew entirely what you weren't doing right. the problem was that you did no wrong and you felt good about it. you immediately trashed every single moral you learned up until now and crafted your very plan that would earn you not only one, but two goals. you could already see the victory for your team and you couldn't wait to see the look on barou's face when he wouldn't be chosen to advance alongside you and the rest of your team. you only hoped that then he wouldn't be chosen for any team and would have to put his cute little football jersey up on display to stare at and cry over for his hopefully few remaining years.

✰ ✰ ✰