✿ 21.

✰ ✰ ✰

rin allowed for a shaky breath to slip past his parted lips after putting the barbell back onto its hold. he stared up at the ceiling with his back against the bench, trying his best not to yawn with the early hours of the day. he wanted to curse you for him being unable to sleep, but with his brain feeling fuzzy, he wasn't sure if he'd be able to think properly to do it.

finally sitting up, rin allowed for himself to yawn before getting up to stretch. his eyes wandered to the digital clock on the wall.

5:43, he read.

"fuck" rin cursed to himself, feeling a sense of annoyance clouding his mind.

after making his way back to the shared room, he took notice of your sleeping figure. you were no longer sleeping on your side, now on your stomach with your face squished against the mattress, your pillow having fallen off the bed likely while he was working out. there was a dark patch on the sheets where you began to drool and rins nose crinkled in slight disgust at a few strands of your hair sticking to your cheek, most likely from when you were drooling while sleeping on your other side.

"idiot" rin muttered to himself before sitting down on his bed next to yours. he almost couldn't stand the sight of you as the annoyance came back. he couldn't believe how insanely naive and stupid you were.

the thought of those international players made him sick. he wondered if you even knew what they were saying about you. talking about you as if you weren't standing right there. and you just stood there with that stupid blank look on your face, unknowing of what they were saying.

rin took a deep breath and pulled off his sweatshirt, previously feeling how it stuck to him from his sweat. his jaw was beginning to ache from how hard he clenched it but as soon as his head hit the pillow, he allowed for it to be a problem for when he woke up.

"you drool in your sleep?" aryu asked and your head snapped up after grabbing your pillow from the ground to glare at him. "shut up" you muttered before shoving passed him to wash your face.

as you looked in the mirror, you noticed your hair sticking to your face. your nose crinkled in disgust but pulled your hair back so it wouldn't get wet.

the toothpaste you used was awful and you've known that since the first time you gagged while brushing your teeth the first night at blue lock. you wondered if anri would get you a better one. maybe she could get you a better face wash too and maybe better scented lotion.

aryu joined you in the bathroom and assisted you with your hair. neither of you said a word as he made your hair into twin braids, only a single 'my turn' after he finished with you before the both of you left the bathroom with your hair braided and his in a messy bun. it was obvious that he was just as tired as you were and you couldn't have been more grateful at the silence you two shared while eating breakfast.

you placed yourself next to bachira as isagi slid a pair of headphones your way with a soft smile. bachira offered a book titled 'english for dummies' and you shook your head, "don't need it"

"you do realize we're learning english today, right?" aryu asked and attempted to shove a book in your face. "yeah, i know," you almost rolled your eyes, "i know english already, so i don't need it"

aryu squinted as he stared at you before looking away, "i don't believe you"

"what do you mean, you don't believe me?" you scoffed, "i'm literally fluent in english?"

rin visibly tensed from beside aryu and aryu only hummed, obviously not believing you before going back to his book. "so you understood what those international guys were saying?" rin asked as he made intense eye contact with you. "yeah? just didn't wanna talk to them" you said and rin only replied with a hum before averting his gaze.

from the corner of your eye, you watched bachira write down the days of the week while reciting them happily.

"sun-day, maun-day, tuess-day, wed-"

you looked over completely when he paused only to see a confused face. "wedo- weh? wedones-day?" bachira asked, glancing back and forth between you and rin. you hid your smile with your hand as rin looked over, clicking his tongue.

"it's wednesday. you moron," rin sighed, half muffled with his hand pressed against his cheek. "and the only one you got right was sunday. how'd you even pass middle school" he muttered.

"aw, rin, don't discourage him," you laughed softly, "it's ok bachi. rins just being mean like always" you pretended to pout and bachira sent a grin towards rin. "yeah, like always"

aryu reached over the table and poked rins arm a few times while looking at his book. "wait, rin. so i lightly bite my tongue and.. tyusu" he looked down at his tongue poking out of his mouth. "is my pronunciation for 'th' good? does it sound right to you?"

rin ignored aryu with his hands against his forehead. it was obvious he was getting pissed off. "come on, rin. help them. they need you" you teased and he sent a glare from where he was lowering his head against the table.

"you just said you're fluent. you help them" he grumbled and you laughed. "when did i say that?"

he groaned and aryu continued with a smile sent your way. "tyusu! tousu! doosu! rin, does that sound right?" aryu leaned in closer. "yeah, rin. does that sound right?" you decided to ask him in english.

"i am not your personal tutor.." rin said with his jaw clenched.

bachira tapped your arm and showed you the paper airplane he made with his notes. you both smiled before you nodded your head at rin.

"ai kyan fly day!" bachira yelled as he threw the airplane and it hit rin. there was a beat of silence while you, bachira, and aryu shared a look before rin grabbed a notebook and threw it towards bachira.

"enough is enough!" rin yelled as he jumped up and towards bachira. "just how long are they gonna make us do this for?!"

you and bachira laughed as you wrapped your smaller frame around his to shield him from rin. "no! he didn't mean it! he's just learning" you yelled in between laughs. "aimu sorry! abe souri! give your arms a shavey shavey"

rin continued to throw things and bachira got away, leaving you to fall forward on your face with the pen rin threw hitting the back of your head. "ow!" you pouted, sitting up to hold your head.

you looked at rin, who was already looking at you with a harder book in his hand. he looked almost shocked before it went back to his usual unbothered look, "didn't mean to hit you"

suddenly, the tv began to talk. "the second selection has just come to an end. all members who will advance to the third selection have now been gathered. please promptly put on your bib uniforms and gather in the central joint room"

finally, it was time to move on from this stage.

✰ ✰ ✰