Chapter 33

Gem felt cold. It was all she had been feeling for days. She had woken up in her hospital building and ever since her encounter with Prince Scott, it was just cold. She had tried sitting by the fire, she had tried magic spells, even going to Mezalea and Pixandria, the warmest  areas aroud. Nothing worked.

She sat huddled on her bed in a purple fuzzy blanket. Gandalf sat next to her, sound asleep. She shivered, was the cold getting worse? The Nether dimension was supposed to be very hot. Maybe the Nether could make her warmer? Gem knew that an expert on the heckish dimension lived not far away. Maybe she would be able to help. Gem slowly got up from the bed, so as to not disturb the sleeping gray kitty. She set the blanket on the bed, she could put it away later. Gem turned to her balcony and leaped off the edge, spreading her amethyst wings.

Shrub flipped her long dark brown hair over her shoulder for about the millionth time. It just kept falling in her eyes. Thankfully her red and white dotted hat kept at least the Sun out her eyes. She sighed and wiped her brow. She had been planting mushrooms all afternoon, and was just about to stop for the day when a girl with a large purple witch hat landed on the path in front of her. Talking to this girl will be better than planting even more mushrooms, Shrub thought. She stood up and trotted over to the red haired girl. Being a gnome, Shrub wasn't very tall, and she knew that, but it still annoyed her that humans were always so massive.

The girl seemed surprised, either to see that she was a gnome, or that she was so short. Shrub couldn't tell. "Hi, " she said, "I'm Wizard Gem, and I was wondering if you could help me?" The girl, Gem, shivered.

Shrub wondered how Gem could be so cold, even in this heat. She rubbed her nose with her dirt covered fingers, accidentally smearing dust across her face. "Uh, yeah! What do you need help with?" Shrub asked.

"I was wondering if you knew how to get to the Nether?" Gem asked quietly.

Shrub wished that the wizard had said anything but that. The Nether was a vicious place, and even though Shrub had spent lots of time there studying the mushrooms, it still scared her.

Gem noticed her tense and quickly said, "If you don't want to help me, that's fine! Maybe you could just show me the w-way?" she shivered again, "You wouldn't have to come with me."

"No! You can't go in there alone! You don't know it like I do! I have to come with you." She turned, "Here, come with me. I'll show you the portal."

-----------------------

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been out of town for the past two weeks and haven't had any internet, sooo yeah. Also! How the heck did this reach #1 in flowerhusbands?!?! Thank you so so much!! - Ives