Chapter 32

Scott sat down on the bed cross-legged and Jimmy settled himself next to him. Scott fluttered his wings and set them on Jimmy's lap. "Just be careful, they're sensitive," Scott said. The cod nodded and busied himself with brushing the soft, white feathers back into place. Scott sighed. He liked the feeling of Jimmy's gentle fingers touching his wings.

"So," Jimmy said, trying to start a conversation, "What are we gonna do about all the snow?"

Scott bit his lip, "I don't know, but I can try to fix it." He looked at Jimmy, "We should finish this first though."

"Yeah," Jimmy said quietly.

There was silence for a few minutes before Jimmy said, "Hey, Scott, look at me."

Scott whipped around so fast that the blonde got a face full of feathers, "Sorry," Scott said quickly, trying not to laugh.

"I was trying to say, " he paused to glare at the elf, "So, uh, today my father kinda said that, well, I'm the king of the Swamp Empire now." He gave a lopsided smile. "Surprise?"

Scott stared at the fish boy for a moment, his mouth hanging open slightly, "So, you're in charge?" he asked.

Jimmy looked at his hands in his lap, "Yeah, I guess so. But I don't even know what I'm supposed to do. I never attended my father's meetings because one, he never let me, and two, I wouldn't have wanted to even if he did."

Scott laughed, "Well, I have watched my father do, y'know, king stuff. Maybe I can help?" Jimmy looked up and smiled, "I would love that."

--------------------------

Chapters might be a little less frequent during the summer, but I'll try to update as much as possible!! - Ives