Chapter 8

They strode out of Jimmy's little house and walked down the path to where the docks were. Jimmy took hold of Scott's hand and led him down the stairs to the docks, where the water danced and the ships were grand, and then the elf noticed Jimmy's face turning pink. Scott smiled and Jimmy's face turned a deeper shade of red. Scott asked if the Swamp Empire had any horses, and Jimmy led him to the stables.

"Aww, they're beautiful!" Scott beamed.

"This one is mine, her name is Pisces," Jimmy said proudly.

The horse had a beautiful white coat and deep blue armor. Scott held out his hand to her and Pisces stepped forward and nuzzled his fingers.

"She likes you! She normally doesn't do that to anyone except me and Lizzie."

"I have a thing for animals I guess. I have a stag and three pet owls, and I am quite literally an animal person," he laughed and gestured towards his wings.

Jimmy let Pisces out of her stall so that she could walk up to Scott. Jimmy grabbed a brush and started to groom his horse.

"Do you know how to groom horses?" Jimmy asked.

"Yeah."

Jimmy tossed a brush to Scott, who barely caught it.

They brushed Pisces, and then she brought her head down to the ground, causing Jimmy and Scott to fall forward, very close to each other's faces. Both elf and cod-hybrid blushed hard. Then Jimmy looked away, and the moment was over.

"Well, um, we should probably lead Pisces back to her stall," Jimmy stated, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah," Scott said, who was blushing and trying to stifle his smile.