Chapter 3

Scott stood up and brushed himself off as best he could and walked to the edge of the clearing. Jimmy watched as Scott unfurled his wings. That's not gonna end well. He hasn't had time to heal yet.

As predicted, Scott got a few feet off the grass before crumpling to the ground.

Jimmy rushed over to the elven prince and helped him stand up.

"Okay, I am not letting you go home. But I will send a letter to your parents telling you where you are," Jimmy said trying to support Scott's weight.

"But they are going to wonder what happened to me and what if they're mad and-"

"Shhh, I'll explain everything in the letter, okay? Let's get you to a bed."

As they walked to Jimmy's house, Scott wondered why Jimmy was being so kind to him. The elves in Rivendell wouldn't have been so kind to a stranger.

Jimmy helped Scott into the bed in his house. Then Jimmy told Scott that he was going to write the letter. He watched Jimmy leave, and then he looked around the room.

It was made of dark brown wood and had many shelves lining the walls. They were filled with picture frames and flower pots. Lanterns hung from the ceiling gave off a warm glow around the room.

It couldn't have been more different from his bedroom in Rivendell. At home in the mountains, everything was made of white marble and ice. This was the complete opposite. Instead of cold and regal, it was cozy and inviting. That was probably why Scott fell asleep so fast.