Chapter 29

Jimmy wanted Scott to come back. But, knowing the elf, he knew that Scott wouldn't come back on his own, he was too stubborn. So Jimmy sent four of his fastest hawks in each direction, hoping that they would find Scott.

The birds returned a day later, and only one of them had news. Unsurprisingly, Scott had flown North, and apparently, he had taken refuge in an ice spikes biome. Jimmy thanked his birds and rushed to put on a cloak. It was green, as were many things Jimmy owned and it would keep him warm. He ran over to the stables as fast as he could.

"Are you up for another ride?" Jimmy gently asked as he strapped saddle bags on Pisces. She grunted and pawed the ground.

The trek was long and boring, and more than once they had to take a break so Pisces could rest. After a while, the ground started to become blanketed in snow, and it was harder for Jimmy's horse to walk, her hooves kept sinking in the snow.

But eventually, Jimmy spotted something gleaming in the bright sunlight. He gasped. It was a castle made entirely of sparkling ice. Could Scott have really created all of this? Jimmy tied Pisces to an icicle just outside the castle. He walked up the stairs and his boot clicked on the hard ice. He walked up to the door and knocked.

Scott heard a knock on the door and for a moment he walked to the balcony overlooking the entryway. But then he realized that no one should be there, no one should know where he was. He was curious though, so he waved his hand and the tall door opened. When he saw Jimmy standing there he yelped in surprise, "Y-y-you shouldn't be here! I don't want to hurt you!"

"Can I come in?" he asked quietly.

Scott was torn. He wanted to just run to Jimmy and hug and kiss him, but what if he hurt him like he had Gem?

"Yes. N-no! No, you can't. Go back to your empire where it'll be safe!" Scott's eyes were filling with tears.

"Scott, please listen to me. All I want is for you to come back. I need you to come back. Please." Jimmy said earnestly.

"I can't! I'm a danger to everyone!" "Scott, please!"

"No! Go home!" Scott turned away and wrapped his arms around his waist.

Scott rushed away just as Jimmy ran up the stairs to the balcony. If he could get to a window, he could get far away from Jimmy. Scott ducked into a different room and had almost made it to the window when Jimmy grabbed his hand, yanking him closer. The cod hybrid grabbed him by the waist and hugged him. They were both crying now.

"Scott, I would rather live with the risk of freezing to death than go home without you. Please come back."

"I could hurt your people though!" Scott said, he turned away, "I don't think I could live with myself if I killed someone."

"If you really don't want to come back, I won't make you. Just... think about it alright?" Jimmy turned and walked out of the room. Scott stared at the place Jimmy had been. He walked over to the window and jumped out of it. He caught himself in the air and lowered himself to the ground. He looked back up at the window he had flown out of and sighed. Maybe he should go talk to Jimmy.