Chapter 30

Jimmy was about to leave Scott behind and ride back to the swamp when the elf came back through the front double doors. "Jimmy, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have pushed you away when you were just trying to help me. I should've just listened to you, to begin with."

Jimmy walked towards Scott and wrapped his arms around him, "It's okay? See? Everything is fine." Jimmy started to gently pet Scott's hair. 

His fingers hit something hard. Weird, he thought. He brushed away the cyan hair to find two small golden bumps growing out of Scott's head.

Jimmy had seen the charcoal black antlers on Scott's brother's head. Was the same thing happening to Scott? He decided to not bring it up, it would probably make Scott break down again.

"Jimmy?" Scott said quietly.

Jimmy looked down at the shorter prince, "Yeah?"

"What if I can't melt the snow in your empire? What if I make everything worse? What will your people do?"

The cod hybrid thought for a moment, "I don't know, but I'm pretty sure most of the cod folk would accept you, we're a forgiving kind of people. It'd just be colder in the swamp."

Scott tilted his head up, "Thank you, Jimmy." He reached up and pressed his lips against Jimmy's. The fish boy let his eyes fall closed. Unsurprisingly, Scott's lips were cold. When they pulled apart, Jimmy hugged the elf tighter and set his head on Scott's shoulder.

"Should we go home now?" Scott asked. Jimmy nodded and smiled.