Chapter 31

Jimmy was ecstatic... until he got home. Scott was back and no one was hurt in the Swamp Empire! But to his dismay, while he was gone, Jimmy's father had decided to retire from being king (which is something Jimmy didn't realize his dad could do, but here we are).

"But why?" Jimmy asked, he didn't want to be king, it was too much responsibility, "I can't be king!"

"Because I don't want to be king anymore, and you are getting old enough to take over the kingdom." Jimmy's father said with a smile. Jimmy frowned, he didn't think there was anything to smile about. "Now go tell that elf kid about it! I'm sure he'll be thrilled!"

Jimmy seriously doubted that, but he had nothing else to stick around for. He turned around and headed for the door without glancing back.

Jimmy found Scott sitting in the place where he and Lizzie had come to find him, gosh that felt like forever ago. He noticed that Scott's golden antlers had almost doubled in size. The elf was carefully weaving the blue orchids into a wreath. Or, at least Jimmy thought it was a wreath until Scott stood up and plopped the thing on the cod hybrid's head.

Jimmy just smiled awkwardly.

"That took me too long, so you had better wear it," Scott said with mock seriousness.

Jimmy smiled, and his eyes traveled to Scott's white wings. They were covered in snow and the feathers were sticking out at strange angles.

"Hey, uh, do your wings feel alright?" Jimmy questioned.

Scott glanced at his wings, "Well, they could feel better. They just look like this because I've been flying too much."

"Don't you have to groom them?"

"Well, yeah, but I can't because my shoulders are sore and I can't reach them," Scott explained.

They stood there for a moment, silently waiting for the other person to say something. Eventually, Jimmy asked, "Do need help?"

"Uh.. yes, actually."

"Should we walk to the house then?"

Scott nodded.

--------------------------

#6 in empiressmp?! Thank you so much!! Also, sorry this chapter took a while to get out, its just that I've had to set up a new computer. Thanks again!! - Ives