Chapter 26

Scott hadn't ever flown faster. Not when he was young. Not when he was late for dinner. Not when Xornoth was chasing him when they would play in the sky when they were younger. Not even when he met Jimmy.

The wind was rushing past his pointed ears and his face was red from both tears and windburn. He only stopped flying when he reached a snowy plain with spikes sticking out of the ground. He wouldn't be able to cause any damage here.

The white land was almost blinding and the ice shimmered in the light from the sun. Scott would've thought it was pretty, except that he wasn't paying attention to the scenery.

He landed on the ground and felt his feet sink into the snow. He glanced around and squinted, scanning for a place he could build a cabin to stay in for the time being. Spying a nice flat area, he walked over to it instead of flying. His wings were aching now, and he liked the feel of the snow beneath his boots.

While he walked Scott looked around for some trees to build a cabin with. He found some tall spruce trees. He knew they would work nicely. He knew the cabin didn't need to be anything special, it was only gonna be him staying in it. No one even knew where he had gone, so why would anybody come to his little shack?

As he built, Scott thought a lot about ways he could fix his problem, but no good ideas came to mind. It seemed he could control it when Jimmy was around, but that was risking Jimmy's safety and everyone else in the Cod Empire. He knew he couldn't go back until he was able to control his powers and by the looks of things, Scott knew that wasn't gonna be anytime soon.