Chapter 7

Lizzie had left that afternoon so that she could get back to her home before dark. Meanwhile, Scott and Jimmy were busy arguing over who would have the single bed in Jimmy's little house.

"I don't want to take it from you again," said Scott, crossing his arms across his chest.

"But I'm good with sleeping on the floor, plus, your wings are still injured. In hospitals they don't make their patients sleep on the floor," Jimmy countered.

"This is not a hospital! I'm fine!" Scott huffed.

"This is as close to a hospital as you are gonna get! You are sleeping in the bed," Jimmy said firmly.

"No! This is your house!"

The cod hybrid sighed. "I do not want to do this all night." He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Would it be alright to just share?"

Scott gave it a moment of thought. "Yes," he said simply.

Jimmy woke up first and when he opened his eyes he saw Scott's face. His eyes widened. Why had he not noticed the tiny white freckles dotting his face before? Or the graceful slope of his nose?

Then, Scott's eyes fluttered open, revealing his light blue eyes. Flecks of indigo and navy danced in the sea of lapis blue. It was only then when Jimmy realized how pretty they were. He felt a slight pink blush spread across his cheeks.

Scott stared at him, not saying anything, not moving.

Then Scott spoke quietly. "What are we going to do today?" he asked Jimmy, who was still blushing.

"I dunno, what do you want to do?" Jimmy replied.

"Could you take me on a tour of your kingdom?"

"Yeah, when do you want to go?"

"Once I look presentable," Scott said sitting up, and then, "Also! I call the bathroom first!" he added as he sprinted from the bed to the bathroom.

Calling after the elf, Jimmy yelled playfully, "Ugh! Fine!"