Chapter 19

After a long day of walking around Mezalea with King Joel, Scott and Jimmy went back to the swamp, and Lizzie went back to the Ocean Empire. Both boys were exhausted, so they went to bed quickly.

☾    

    Jimmy woke up cold. Very cold. He opened his eyes slowly and everything looked normal... until he woke up Scott by getting out of bed. The elf rolled out of bed and stretched, and that was when Jimmy noticed the problem, Scott's hands were covered in frost. 

"Uh, Scott, do you feel cold?" Jimmy asked hesitantly. 

"No, why do you ask?" Scott responded.

"Um, well, look at your hands..."

Scott glanced at his hands and then seemed to realize what Jimmy was talking about. Slowly, he said, "So, this has never happened before."

"Well, you don't seem to be panicking, so I guess that's good-"Jimmy cut off when he saw Scott hyperventilating. 'Welp, said that too soon.' the fish boy thought. 

"Listen! Scott! Calm down! We can find a way to fix this!"Scott just looked up at him with wide eyes. 

"Fix it? Fix it!? I don't even know what the frick is happening! How are we supposed to fix it when I don't know what it is!" He was clearly panicking now. Suddenly Scott yelped, "Get down!" Jimmy complied. Ice shot out of the elf's hands and left a ring of shimmering blue ice on the walls. Then Scott slumped to the ground, leaving Jimmy panicked and not knowing what to do.