Chapter 37

Xornoth led Scott towards the garden, a place the brothers would often come to escape their parents when they were kids. They sat down on the grass near the back wall.

"So," Xornoth started, "Tell me everything."

Scott recapped how he had fallen into the lake near Jimmy's house, to which Xornoth had said, "And this little bro, is why we pay attention when we fly."

Scott told his older brother about exploring the Swamp Empire, and visiting Mezalea with Queen Lizzie and Jimmy.

He talked about getting his ice powers and how he ran away. Xornoth smiled mischievously and held out his index finger. A small flame burst to life just above his finger tip. Scott stared at it, eyes wide.

"What? Did you think that you were the only one with powers?" Xornoth said with a smirk.

"No, I just- How did you keep that a secret from me for so long?" Scott questioned.

"I have ways."

"Ugh! You're impossible!" Scott elbowed his brother's arm.

Xornoth smiled, "Anyway, resume."

Scott rolled his eyes but continued to retell his time in the swamp, but he purposely left out the fact that Jimmy was his boyfriend. He could tell Xornoth about that later.

"When are you gonna go back to the Swamp Empire?" Xor asked once Scott was finished.

"Jimmy's coronation," Scott said.

Xornoth smiled again, "Good. At least it's soon. You seem happier when you're with Jimmy."

"Wait, you want me to go back?" Scott asked, surprised.

"As long as you're happy, I'm happy." Xor said, leaning back against the wall.

Scott grinned and threw his arms around his older brother. "You are literally the best!"

"Yeah, I know," Xornoth said, also grinning. "Well, I think that you should go talk to Mother. She's been worried sick about you."

Scott stood up and brushed off a few pieces of grass that were clinging to his pants. "Yeah, alright," he said quickly as he walked to the entrance. 

Just before he left, he turned back to look at his brother. "Thanks," he said, before exiting the room.