Chapter 39

Jimmy had wanted to be king when he was little. Seeing his father rule so well made him excited to be the next king. But as he got older Jimmy's priorities changed. He didn't want to rule the Swamp Empire anymore. He wanted to spend more time with Scott and Lizzie.

Jimmy didn't even know what he was supposed to do as king. He had a few ideas, like improving living conditions of the cod folk and increasing trading and reestablishing roads between empires (Jimmy especially wanted to do that with Rivendell).

Most of the kingdoms spread throughout the world kept to themselves, but Jimmy wanted the empires to become more acquainted with each other. Maybe the Swamp's friendship with Rivendell could start that.

Jimmy thought about ways he could do this, but none of his ideas would've worked. He often stayed awake at night thinking about ways he could improve things, and a lot of the time he just couldn't fall asleep. During the days he walked through his kingdom, which just made him more tired. But at this point, he kinda didn't want to sleep without Scott, so often he just didn't.

Then, after what seemed like forever, Scott came back! Only then did Jimmy realize how much he had neglected sleeping.

Scott grabbed Jimmy's hand and led him to the bed. "Mkay, so I want you to sleep. You need to sleep."

Jimmy slowly crawled into bed and Scott pulled the dark green blanket up to the cod hybrid's shoulders. The elf leaned down and kissed Jimmy's forehead. He smiled and walked to Jimmy's desk.

"Sleep," Scott ordered. Jimmy closed his eyes and fell asleep almost immediately.

-----------------------------------

I'm going o be out of town so I'm not going to update this week. Sorry! - Ives