Chapter 20

We are at the Kamino section now. Meaning the book is almost over. Only a few more chapters to go

Wrecker and I entered Cids parlor with Gregor slung over Wreckers shoulder. He seemed to be doing better after I had healed him, but I still wanted him to take it easy. Cid got up from her usual seat. No surprise to us we while shaking her arms, gesturing for us to stop.

    "I'm not taking in any more clones". She firmly stated. I narrowed my eyes at her, clutching my saber tighter.

   "It's not a request". I stated, as Gregor came down from Wreckers shoulder. "Hunters been captured and we need to get him back". I added, a chill running down my spine. My heart beat was racing at the thought of the Empire having him. I hated it. And the sooner we left here the sooner would rescue him.

   Cid seemed to slightly gasp at my words, but tried her best to play it off like it was nothing. Guess she did have a heart under all those tough scales.

    "We need to know that Gregor is safe while we get our Sergeant back". I said, turning away from her.

    "Fine, but hurry". She replied shaking her head at us. Gregor patted my shoulder.

    "I hope you get him back". He said. I brushed my hand over his. Sending him a reassuring and hopeful smile.

    "Me too". I said before following Wrecker back up the stairs, towards our ship in the hanger.

    Echo was busy assisting Tech with the Marauders repairs as our engine needed to be fixed. Omega seemed to be helping, however at a longer glance she was mostly pacing back and forth. Anxious about getting out of here to get Hunter back, I surmised. Her anxiety mirrored my own, however she needed to stay calm. Being on edge wouldn't help.

    "It seems Omega is...occupied". I replied making my way over to Echo. I picked up some parts and tools and started to help him with repairs.

    "It would seem so". He said as he continued to work.

    "Will get him back, Echo". I reassured him turning my attention to him. Echo sighed deeply.

   "I know we will. We've escaped worse". He replied. Even still he was unnerved. I could sense they all were. Even Tech as he worked inside. It was understandable. Hunter was our leader...our friend. If anything happened to him it would be devastating.
   I smiled at his optimism. "That we have". I nudged his arm. He nudged back just as Omega stopped her pacing and groaned in frustration.

    "This is taking too long".

I laid down my tools. "Omega, relax".

Her eyes were swallowed up with worry. "I can't. We have to get back to Daro and rescue Hunter". I wanted to ease her pain, but how could I when I too was worried? Yes I was doing my best to stay calm, but even still...

    "We will, but we can't go anywhere until the ships fixed". Echo reminded her. Omega sighed and walked off. I shook my head, watching her walk away. Echo went back to fixing the ship and it wasn't longe after that he finally finished.

    "Hulls patched". He notified Tech. I brushed my hand on his shoulder. He glanced up at me and squeezed my hand in support.

    "Nearly finished getting the systems online". Tech replied

    "Me and Onyx left Gregor with Cid. She wasn't too happy about it". Wrecker added. I rolled my eyes.

    "Well she's going to have to deal with it". I mumbled under my breath. The lights in the ship came alive again as all systems seemed to be back online. I smiled to myself. Then I planted a kiss on Techs cheek. My lips lingered there for a moment to see his reaction. A dusting of light pink flooded his cheeks. His grip on my hand tightened as he pulled us to the pilot and copilot seats. I strapped myself.